Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

expensive tubing! pic

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by rdn2blazer, Apr 17, 2006.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

and you thought DOM was expensive. this 304SS 7 in 1/4 wall tubing for 48" was $625 plus tax and shipping, came to about just ovet $725 bucks, or $181.25 per foot. Its an odd size being 7 in od. part of the reason for the hi cost. its kinda hard to find sometimes too. have to make some in house tooling for parts we coat. here is a pic of the sleeve I have to make and the tube. I have to make 8 of them. I have to bore it and turn the ends. oops, forgot to rotate the pic, ohwell.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

We use DOM in 1" wall or thicker up to about 16" diameter...not a bill I'd like to pay for. Our last order cost us over $15,000 and there were only a few lengths...

Rene

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

damn, for that price I'm surprised ya don't just machine a few pieces in house! Billet tube? guess thats a lot of material to get rid of... still, damn near $200/ft? ouch!

j

4. skidpan

skidpan 1/2 ton status

ok now where do i get the dies and the bender for **** like this??? just playing:haha: :haha: