Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

expirience with fuel injection

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BobK, Oct 12, 2000.

1. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Thinking of changing to fuel injection.I've got a 71 Blazer with a SBC 350.Any suggestions?

[​IMG]<font color=green>BobK<font color=green>

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Holley makes a pretty good bolt on fuel injection system. it comes with everything you need . I know a few people who have put them on their trucks and they liked them better than a carb. Got a little better fuel mileage too.
    Check it out:Holley multi point injection

3. rich'90

rich'90 1/2 ton status

Yup Holley makes a good one. You could also check out Howell Engine Developments(they make custom stuff). I think Turbocity has some stuff too. www.turbocity.com
    good luck

Go heavy or Go home[​IMG]

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

TPI - factory GM parts with a Painless Wiring harness and it works like a charm..........lots of upgrades available depending on your budget. Easy install IF you get all the important hard parts off donor vehicle (Firebird, Camaro, Caprice, Impala, etc.).

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>http:// www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

5. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

If it's a stock 350, swap on a TPI or throttle-body system. This is actually a cheap way to go (for EFI). There is nothing wrong with a TBI from a 1987-1993 350 truck. You should buy a swapping book and go for it!

I would not go with an aftermarket system on a stock 350.

Squash
    http://www.trailrunners4x4.org/users/realsquash

6. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Going with factory parts out of the junkyard is usually a lot cheaper than the aftermarket setups like Holleys, unless you are running big horsepower. A friend of mine recently converted the 350 in his Wrangler to fuel injection (TBI). He just bought an entire donor vehicle, pulled out the parts he needed and hooked them up to a Painless Wiring kit (after spending a couple of days trying to figure out the factory wiring harness), and then sold the donor vehicle to the junkyard. Total investment was under $300. I think the throttle body (TBI) is probably easier to do.