Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exploding Targets

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ncbloodhound, Apr 8, 2005.

1. ncbloodhound

ncbloodhound 1/2 ton status

Check these out!

http://www.tannerite.com

We bought two. The videos on the site just don't do them justice.
    I was impressed with the results. We could feel the shockwave and the boom echoed forever.

Oh, if anyone was near uwharrie national forest on Tuesday and heard 2 loud booms, that was us. :pimp:

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

I think those are just a LITTLE better than the "stick-on" exploding targets my uncle gave me last year. I want some tannerite, my backyard is just asking to become a crater-filled moonscape :devilish grin:

Edit: Just watched the video, looks like he's using a suppressed rifle. ....Just thought I needed to point that out.

3. ncbloodhound

ncbloodhound 1/2 ton status

The video they send with the tannerite is great. It shows the targets spread out on a range and then a bunch of guys light them up with some fully automatic guns and a couple of 30 cal machine guns. They had some very impressive firepower.

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I know it's not quite the same, but it's cheaper:

I use the empty toner cartridges from my copier and the waste toner canister from my printer. They make a nice big poof of colored toner that you have no problem seeing from a couple hundred yards. The waste toner is a soft plastic flat canister and it somewhat self seals after every shot, I was still getting a cloud after 5 or 6 hits. It really freaked out the guy next to me at the range at first, he was just sitting there staring through his scope until I finally turned around and told him what it was.

Just thought I'd throw this suggestion out there, first time I used them was easter weekend. Not bad at all for free targets.