Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

EXTENDED BRAKE HOSES

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MR.GADGET, Jun 4, 2002.

1. MR.GADGET

MR.GADGET Registered Member

I know this has been covered but:
    The question is I have a 89 with 2.5+ lift more like 3" and I'm looking for new hoses.
    From what people say stock will work with 3" or less lift but mine went tight (under Full Extention)on the last ride so I feel like I need to go longer. What I find is 4-6" or more hoses are out there and can I get away with 4"-6" lift hoses or what?? Some people say the 3/4 ton hoses are longer and will work on the 10 Bolt front, is that so?
    Jon

2. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

Rancho sells a relocation bracket which moves the frame end of the hard line to a few inches under the frame rail.
    simple strpping with a 90deg bend with 1 mount hole and 1 hole for the brake bulkhead fitting

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

The stock brake lines that I used to run were partially solid down near the caliper. If yours are the same you might be able to bend them up for more travel.

4. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

There is a stock application that will work, I think the NAPA part number is 38872. I'm not sure that number is correct, so I would call them first.

John

5. MR.GADGET

John,
    Do you know what that number fits they told me they need to special order and dont know what it fits?
    If you order the stock ones there is a left and right will that one number fit both sides? How much longer are they? I know someone said before that a Chevy Van brake hose was longer but only a few years they were made that way. What I need for them (NAPA/AUTO ZONE) is a year and model to look up. Anyone use any after market (Superlift/SkyJacker/or anything else) For a 3" lift I really don't want to move the locations (like Rancho) Because I still need to replace the Hoses.
    Jon

6. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

The ProComps, made by Earls, are only 4" longer than stock. But they're stainless braided too.

7. MR.GADGET

Thats what I need to get. When I called Summit the guy said that they are to long and would not work.
    They sell the Pro Comps from what I know. Do you have a part number or know a good place that knows what they are talking about because when I Talked to 4WParts they had no numbers and Summit said they are to long.
    All I need is around 2" but 4" will work for me.
    Thanks,
    Jon

8. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

These are Pro Comps for a '87- '92 Blazer EXP-7225 Go to SummittRacing.com and look up that #