Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Extended brake lines from NAPA - great option for the price.............but

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by BurbinOR, Feb 16, 2003.

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

The extended brake lines you get from NAPA - p/n 38872 do the trick - for my 6" lifted Burb they are perfect length.

Just for informational purposes, for my application anyway, they needed the caliper mount end shaped and ground quite a bit to fit inside the caliper. Not a big deal but keep this in mind.

Overall a great value for a total of $32 - compare to $70 and up for stainless these are a great option.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I got the same ones for my D44 awhile ago. All I had to do to get them to fit my application was ream out the hole a little bigger for the banjo bolt and shorten the banjo bolt a little and it works perfectly /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Really? I had to grind a ton of extra brass off to make the banjo end 'round' instead of 'square'.

It's all good, mods are what we live for! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Nope, I was able to leave mine square. Must be the difference in years between my 1975 D44 and your 1991 10bolt.

Oh hey Frank....check out my burb body lift pics in my webshots /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif