Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Extended Brake Lines

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by daleearnhardt01, Jul 6, 2004.

1. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Okay need to clarify a few things....Looking at this stuff:
    Extended brake hoses that are 25 7/8" long will fit 10bolt from 89-2000 2wd chevy/gmc from right front but will work for both sides and can be modified to fit a D44.
    Part #'s:
    Napa - 38872
    Raybestos - 38872
    Auto Specialty - HB-86045
    Coni-Seal - BH-177767
    Carquest - SP8820

Rear extended brake hose Napa part #4138068

These will work on a Dana 60 correct? Is the 25 7/8" long enough for a 6" lift? Anybody know autozone part numbers or do I just go get 2 right front brake line for a say 95 2wd truck? What is the rear hose from, will it fit a 14FF, and is it long enough? /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

Edit: Looking on Napas site that part number for the rear doesnt match up to anything. Any ideas? /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

The carquest numbers are SP 8820 and SP 8821 for right and left. They can be crossed over to red box (the cheaper) brake hoeses as well. The red box hoses will start with SBH, followed by four digits. Sorry I don't have the part number handy.

Application is an 1988 Chevy C1500 pickup.

As for the rear, I used steel to extend mine so I guess I can't tell you what to use.

Those lines will be long enough for a 6" lift if you run stiff springs and don't flex much. I'm going to have to figure out something for mine to get longer ones, as they were at least 4" too short for me at full droop. Local shops cannot make brake hoses because they cannot buy the banjo fittings. For now I've extended them with an 8" long piece of steel on each side, but I do intend on fixing this by either having a shop make some longer hoses or going with the steel braided ones eventually.

3. daleearnhardt01

Thanks Tim, I forgot you work at CarQuest now..Im part time at AZ when Im up at school...

4. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Cool i was wondering this same thing im still in the process of lifting my truck and haven't got to the brakes quite yet. Thanks for the info

5. daleearnhardt01

Anybody know about the rear line?

6. Tuff84blaze

Tuff84blaze 1/2 ton status

The rear is the part number for a napa truestop brakeline and it fit just fine on the back of my brohers burb, but it only has a sf 14b rear, it also would have fit my blazers 10 bolt rear. I am almost 100 percent sure that it will fit yours being that I have never heard anybody complain during their 14bff swaps that their old brakeline didn't mount up. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif