Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Extended brake lines?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kilomanjaro, Jun 28, 2001.

1. kilomanjaro

kilomanjaro 1/2 ton status

I just bought another blazer, it has a rancho 4" lift on it. I am not very expierienced with lifts, so i am not sure if everything on it is done correctly. It has 33X12.5's on it, and i like them so i am going to leave them. Ok here is my question do i need extended brake lines with a 4" kit? Do i have to get longer driveshafts? Can the steering arm be slightly angled or must it be perfectly horizontal? If i end up having to replace too many parts i am going to go with a 2" lift. as i recall you can run 33's and a 2" lift without having to extend brake lines or make any other mods. any input would be great. thanks

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

You can move the brake line bracket down to the bottom of the frame and not have to buy new lines with 4" lift. I would not streach the driveshafts on a 4" lift but it can work but again not recomended. The steering arm/drag link must be level/parallel with the ground to operate correctly. You should have a raised steering arm installed to correct the angel of the draglink.
    Hope this helps...

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099</A>

3. blazerman

blazerman Registered Member

A longer steering arm can be purchased at a local 4wheel shop for about $50-55

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I too have the 4" Rancho. I love it and I run 35s. Any questions you have, feel free to post them or email me and I'll be more than happy to help.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles