Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Extended flexible brake lines - secured to shock or ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by djohnsn, Jul 28, 2003.

1. djohnsn

djohnsn 1/2 ton status

I need some ideas about securing my extended front brake lines so that they don’t rub against the tire. I have seen the lines secured to the frame with a spring, or secured to the shock body somehow. Any suggestions? How is the line tied to the shock to still allow movement of the brake line?

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Sure, if it's hooked up correctly.

3. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

i used carb return springs on mine drilled a couple holes in the fenderwell works great,i had them attached to the shocks but the clampy things broke real quick,, /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

I used one of those zip ties with the hole in them so you can put a screw or other fastener through them around the shock where it doesn't move (the metal cover, not the body). I then put a regular zip tie through that little hole and around the brake hose loosely. This seems to work, I don't seen any abrasion on the hose. It doesn't hit the shock body or the tire so it does alright.

5. RiceDaddy

RiceDaddy Registered Member

I took the brake line relocation brackets from the lift kit (I wasn't going to use them anyway) and modified them. I shortened them and rounded the edges a little bit. Drilled a hole in one end and mounted it to the stud on the bump stop. The Procomp SS flex lines that I used came with some rubber hoops that I bolted to the end of the homemade brackets. Works great.

[​IMG]

6. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

If you havent already found a solution... you might just let them hang. They should have a built in curve to them, just rotate them so they stay away from the tire. Mine have been like this for almost 2 years. I didnt like the idea of tying them down cause that was gonna limit them.