Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

extended parking brake lines?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by weisel, May 31, 2003.

1. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

Those of you with lifts or flexy suspentions, how did you maintain the parking brakes? Mine barley fit when the trucks level, but if flexed out there would be no way if would fit.

2. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

I will be messing with this myself soon when i do a shackle flip and axle swap.....
    I've seen people basically lower the mount where the cable goes from uncovered to covered. Just take a strong piece of angle iron with two large holes in it. One on each end. Take the cable out of it's old mount...bolt the angle iron into that old cable hole and then run the cable into the lower hole of the angle iron....
    Cheap and it works from what i've seen. The down side to this is that it could be considered slightlybad ground clearance in that area....but i really don't see that being much of a problem...except if you were a hardcore rock crawler...but in that case, you probably don't have parking brake cables anyway...

Blake

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Yeh on my truck i just cut off the facotry rivets that hold the bracket up, used the metal sleeves that go into spring bushings, and ran a bolt through the factory bracket, through the sleeves, and then through the frame and put a nut on the back in this pic, look to the top right and you can see it
    For my truck since I only have a 4" lift i cut the sleeve in half, but if its a larger or flexy lift, use the whole sleeve.

4. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

i cut the bottom hole and let the brake line go through it and hang, the line that goes to the rear passenger tire was fine, i suported the drivers side one with a spring. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif