Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

EXTENDED SHOCK MOUNTS

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by stephan van leir, Aug 3, 2000.

1. stephan van leir

stephan van leir 1/2 ton status

A while back I saw a post from someone who was trying to use Ford shock towers on there K5 so that they could run RS 9012`s. I am wondeing if it`s done and how it came out. Has anyone else ever tried this?

2. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Shawn did it. Go to the projects page of either CK5, or off-road.com/chevy and check out Project Potent Rodent. He has pics of it all over....
    I already got my F250 shock towers, just waiting on the shocks

3. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

For now, you can go here and see some pictures.

http://www.off-road.com/chevy/tech/f250tower/

I haven't had the time to do write up yet. I mounted the towers where the lower GM shock mounts were (stock GM dual shock mounts). This location had only 2 rivets to drill out plus it put the shock at an angle which helps achieve more droop. The lower mounts had to be modified a little to allow the shock to angle. The fenderwell also had to be trimmed just a little. The Ford F250 towers are so long that I had to cut some off. Overall, the setup works great. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Shawn
    87 K5
    few mods
    [​IMG]

4. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Hey Shawn, I dont know how you could live with that, I mean it looks great and all but how could you stand to leave that stamped "FORD" logo in there? I mean I would have taken angle grinder and been done with that Bad word.. just teasing. Looks great still cant get over how clean that truck is. I am doing a frame off and mine still doesnt look that good...

BlazerBoy
    http://generalblueballs.coloradok5.com

5. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

It was tough to put a that Ford part on my K5! At least the shocks hide the Ford logo! [​IMG] As far as being clean, it's amazing what 10 cans of Rustolium will hide!

Shawn
    87 K5
    few mods
    [​IMG]

6. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

But I did notice you were using Eagle brand sanding disks...