Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Extended steel brake lines

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chaka454, Apr 2, 2002.

1. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

Which ones would you guys recommend, I need them right away, 4" suspension lift, 2" body lift and 35's, the brake lines are not too tight but when I go offroading they do get tight, and I dont want to brake one on a trail, so if you guys can recommend some or give me some part #'s I would appreciated very much thank you.

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Got Stainless Steel Brake's lines from 4WPW. Your measurement wiould be different from mine, I don't have a body lift, just 4" suspension and 35's. Call 'em. They should be able to help you figure it out.

3. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

You know what I called them and they want to sell me the whole set is that what you bought? they want around $90 - $100 for the kit but I only need the front ones not the one in the back, but the 4wp guy told me that they only come in sets is this true?

4. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

I bought my 26" SS braided lines for about $30 each at my local speed shop. This provides me plenty of room for flex.

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

If I were you, and if you offroad the truck hard, I would get the 11" extended lines. I have the 6" lines on my 2.5" lift, and they work for that. I have seen a guy on here (don't remeber who offhand) with a 4" suspension lift max out the 4-6" extended lines. This is with no body lift, and 35's I believe. Get either Pro Comp 11-12" lines, or Superlift 11-12" lines. My $.02

6. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Last time I was out at TDS I blew one of my extended lines, and I had to buy the whole set for like $90...the only good thing is that now I have a spare front one and the spare rear. The Pro Comp ones are good, seem to work just fine for me.

7. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I did get front and rear, but you might try 4WPW in Burbank. Talk to Tony or Scott, they manage the shop. Tell them you're part of CK5 and a friend of Pam Thompson's. See if they'll help you out.

8. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

Thanks alot guys and thanks for the offer Pam I will call them today I just saw the post in a couple days but I will call them today.