Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

extended tcase shifter as seen in Wally

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by MNorby, Aug 23, 2005.

1. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I am in process of cage building and want to make a center console that goes to the dash like seen in Wally. I got my art carr installed but was looking at how to do the t-case. I see in wally it looks like it is just extended longer lever. I have a 241 so linkage would be different. Any tips for doing so? I could prob re-work the way the lever works prob.

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

You are firmly in the grasp of custom shifter land. Mine were totally custom one-offs to fit the cage and floor and cases, etc. Your probably will be too. One idea I had was to mount a pivot off the cage to control a shift lever on the floor but it's a lot of linkage and pivots to get the t-case shifted. I'd look at ditching the factory shifter and just build your own lever. You can modify the throw that way to make it work with your cage work and locate it where you need it.

3. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I just found some levers and cables off a Cat front end loader I'm gonna try to use for the shifter and see how that goes.