Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exterminating Pit Bulls in CA???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 68MUDSTUD, Mar 8, 2007.

1. 68MUDSTUD

68MUDSTUD OCD with shiny things

wtf is up with that???? SB 681 i think....

2. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

link?

3. 68MUDSTUD

can't find one, damnit...

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

5. 68MUDSTUD

6. Resurrection_Joe

Hoss? Uhmmmm, no.... don't do that again

I got called Poppa Crunch today though.... THAT was interesting

7. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Was this in the news more recently?? I haven't heard anything on it for awhile.

8. 68MUDSTUD

I apoligise almighty Resurrection Joe. I did not mean to offend you in any way, shape, or color.
    :bow: :bow: :bow: :o

9. 68MUDSTUD

i dont know, i just heard about it.

10. Resurrection_Joe

Meh, I'm feeling very stoic today

As you were, or as you will be, either or

11. 68MUDSTUD

I appreciate your Stoicism, Thank you for sparing me.

12. Resurrection_Joe

Uhhhhh yeah.......

13. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

pit bulls are a little too psycho for my liking. yeah yeah, bring the "you just need to know how to raise them!" BS...whatever. They are animals... and they can snap just like a person can snap... and when a pitbull snaps, someone or some thing dies. I'd rather have a german shepard or a couple of dobbermans... less chance of an eleventy billion dollar lawuit from a neighbor.

j

14. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Yea that's the real issue with having a pit bull...neighbors. I have been around loving, well brought up pitbills my whole life but wouldn't own one myself, too much stigma. One of my relatives moved into a new neighborhood recently and a little girl form next door came over and said "my daddy says you have a pit bull" (pit bulls are illegal where he moved and will be siezed / put down if they find out you have one). So my relative is in a sticky situation now all because he chose to own a breed of dog that for whatever reason is feared by lots of people....people that watch the sensationalist nightly news at least.

15. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

My 2 cents:

In 18+ years in EMS I've never had to scrape anyone up off the ground who was mauled by any other dog except Pitbulls.

Dog bits and scratches by other dogs? Yes. But never shredded like a Pitbull.

The closest second to Pitbulls (in my experience) would be police dogs doing a number on fleeing suspects.

I say the fear is well founded.

16. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Pitbulls do kill more people than any other type of dog. I think German shepard was #3 on the most current list I saw... Rottweiler was in the top 5 also.

Pitbulls have strong jaws and like to latch on to things and not let go no matter what. If they latch on to something vital, they will win a fight with almost any dog... and many homosapiens also.

Saw an episode of Judge Judy where a pittbull kicked a Rottweilers ass pretty bad. This was a smaller female Rott, but still.. PBs are hella good fighters.

I don't condone dog fighting, but I'd really like to see a BIG male Rott vs a pittbull. I was with my wife at the Longview 4th of July thing and we saw this girl who was walking the biggest MF'in Rott I have ever seen. Good gawd. There wasn't ANYONE gonna give her ****. This girl was about 5'3" and 115... she had no chance of restraining this dog. lol! Talk about deterance. At any rate, this rott probably weighed at least 130 pounds and had a ginormous head on him. Very very intimidating, even from a distance. :thinking:

j

17. BigEasy

BigEasy 1/2 ton status

Well if we are going to stereotype everything then asian people are bad drivers so we should revoke all their licenses. :rolleyes:

I've got a 4 year old pit that my 3 year old daughter absolutely adores. The dog is nothing but friendly, a very good watch dog (barks when people walk through the alley behind my house), and is SUPER loyal. I've owned beagles that were more aggressive than her. It's a shame that people are going to be forced to put their pets down because of the trashy little gang banger types who feel it's a social status to have the biggest, meanest, most aggressive dog possible and train them to be that way. People get attacked and killed by mountain lions, yet they are a protected species in CA. Why should we have to kill our dogs?

18. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

Meh I love my pitbull, one of my 3 dogs. She is a pussycat. I have never been around bad "pitbulls". I know many people with them and they are fantastic dogs. They have all been well mannered dogs. However the problem lies with mass breeding of pitbulls and them being sold for 100 bucks to any tom dick and harry with a 100 bucks to spend. Far to often I see The essay gangbanger or homie with a "pit" that they brought up to be violent.

You get rid of these backyard breeders, and you will see less problems. I know to pull something like this off is near to impossible. I just think it is irresponsible to ban the dogs and not address the real problem.

19. BigEasy

BigEasy 1/2 ton status

Exactly. Get rid of the pits, and before you know it the fighters and gangbangers will move on to rotts, dobies, etc.

20. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

They should only ban pitbulls that smoke cigarettes.

You know, I could actually see California doing that. :D