Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

External Door Hinges

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Polaris, May 6, 2003.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Has anyone ever made external door hinges here? Dare I say it, but like a Jeep uses? Did any fullsize vehicle ever come with them? Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I believe you would have to provide added structure to the door, as the out side has none there, also I think it would warp or distort your panel. I think it would be a great idea if the engineering behind it wasn't insane. Also you sound like you want to be able to remove your doors easier, there was a member on her who took some door pins and made them removable so ya just pull out the pin and remove the door /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

You're probably right... but it would be nice. For now I just have someone hold the door while I pound out the pins but would like to be able to do it myself! Also the pins that I found at the parts store weren't really long enough to put a clip at the end of. I will just keep looking I guess!