Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

external points of cage mounts???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MNorby, Jul 14, 2005.

1. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'm starting to install my Jegs cage in my truck. I want to put tube out the back of the cab into the bed. I have been reading about mounting the cage to the body only and not tying into the frame. How do you tie into just the body in the bed since the bed is hard mounted the the frame and the bed and body are 2 entities? I thought maybe putting a body mount under the tube in the bed area???? Any ideas? Thanks.

2. HELLBENT DESIGNS

HELLBENT DESIGNS 1/2 ton status

3. rcurrier44

rcurrier44 1/2 ton status

Here is Bill P's big wheeler. He used bushings at both ends in those bars from the cab to the rear coilover mounts. Personaly I don't buy the frame cracking if you tie to it thing...but then again I never had a chevy body that was good enough that you could trust it. :doah:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. MNorby

I think I'll try that. Hey Rob, this is Matt in Powell, Joe's friend. I bought then sold that 12 bolt years back.

5. rcurrier44

rcurrier44 1/2 ton status

I figured that was you...The rig is looking great! ;)

6. MNorby

Well, took the bushing idea and got my tubes in today. Used a set of spring bushings I had sitting around one one end and a set of freightliner hood bushings we had in the shop for the other end. Will do more supporting down on my rear cage square later and prob tie into my rear bumnper when I do that. Thanks for the idea in the first place :)
    [​IMG]