Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Extra Capacity Fuel Tank

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigBurban350, Sep 9, 2002.

1. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

I have a 90' Suburban with a leaky tank. It leaks when I fill it more then half way. I remember a while back seeing 41-gallon tanks in a JCWhitney catalog, but I looked again on their internet catalog and they dont stock gas tanks. Does anybody know a dealer that sells extra capacity fuel tanks? Thanks.

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I would call them. I know I have seen the 41 gallon tank in there print catalogs. I have a 31 gallon tank from them.
    The 20 and 31 gallon tanks use the same mountings. The 41 gallon tank is longer front to back. Not sure what it will take to retrofit it into the a truck that came with the 31. You will need new straps and you might have to get or move the crossmember that suports the tank on the axle side. I believe the 41 is the same depth as the 31 so I think it uses the same sender for the Fuel gage and same fuel pickup.

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

http://www.all-rite.com/gastanks.html

Is the only place I could find.
    I have a 50Gal on my K5, but it was there when I bought it, and there is no identifiing marks, so I have no idea where it came from.

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I put one of thease in mine, 37gallon comes complete with straps and sending unit...
    http://www.nwmp.com/

5. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

my fuel tank book shows 41 gal stock for burb? you have a 31gal?

6. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Those 45 gal tanks on those links would work if I had $520 to spend, which is not the case. I think the JCWhitney ones would be cheaper. I'll talk to JCW and see whats the dilly.

Hey bablazer, my truck is the biggest SUV you will ever see /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif .

7. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I have seen a couple sittin on 44's. look tough up high! the wifes will only be on 35's she's short and complains to much about getting in mine!