Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Extreme 4x4 and Trucks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stockk5, Mar 12, 2005.

1. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hey, anyone see the shows today? 4x4 was pretty cool with the dodge build up, and its only half way through Trucks right now and i am in shock that they actually crushed all those trucks they built that manufactures gave them!!! :mad: It really sucks that they have to do that!:mad:

2. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

The fate the befell Big Blaze is sad. It was not the most extreme of builds, but to be looted for parts is wrong.

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

why would you buy that truck just to strip it???IDIOT:mad:

4. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

I can understand why those vehicles had to be demolished. Same thign at school, GM gives us perfectly good engines, trannies, axles, whatever, we use them to work on, and then they hve ot be destroyed! It irrates me that both a 8.1 and a Duramax just sit there, and will one day go to the crusher.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

at my old school thay got a brand new gm ext cab fully loaded 2x4 in factory options all of them on it . and looked 100% no problems. so i asked why? thay said stand back and look at the body lines, yep its bent ever so slightly in the middle. truck haller staped it down wrong and bent frame in transit. was going to scraper but the school got it insted. in my opinon i would have purchesed from dealer for discount and taken to body shop and bent frame back and hade new truck for much much chepper. thats corp for ya.

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

a friend off mine baught a new f-250 extended cab in 97. he went trough 3 sets of tires in 10 months.the dealer finally admitted that the driver of the car hauler drove it off the side of the truck and bent the frame.they told him to pick out anything on the lot for free.so what does he get????a similar truck WTF??? i would have grabbed a dually 4x4,4 door with every option they had. oh well:D

7. suthrnchvyguy89

suthrnchvyguy89 Registered Member

i missed trucks today but ill probably watch it tomorrow. thats really stupid that they crush them, i kinda liked big blaze. is it just bc of copyright crap with the companies that gave them the products or sumthin. i dont see why they didnt auction them off on ebaymotors or at sema. i can see why they might crush one like copper head where the 571 wasnt even out yet so they didnt want anyone getting their hands on it but i dont understand why they would do it with the others:confused:

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I missed it today also, but will have to watch it sunday morning. I think that's crazy too crush them. Heck, aution them off for charity, winner signs a legal contract stateing that he/she is solely responcible if any accident happens, that the show TRUCKS, and it's producers are not responcible in any witch way, shape, or form.

9. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

10. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

HAHA, yeah thats big blaze alright. Sure looks tore up.

11. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

On some of the new vehicles you see on the shows there is a reason they get crushed. They are never suppose to get in the publics hands.

One day I was over at my buddies work. He worked for SAAB in Warranty parts testing. He has his bosses brand new SAAB 9.5 that he was taking apart and sawzalling the body. Car had about 4k on it. Absolutely nothing wrong with the car. Most of its guts ended up being used for training on repair classes. The complete electrical system ended up being tacked to a couple of sheets of plywood for diagnostic training.

Deal was at the beginning of the production runs X number of vehicle are testing and research vehicles. Some end up being Crashed for NTHS ratings. Some used by the company for testing etc. Some end up being "Loaned" out to places like "trucks TV show". Or CAR & Driver for demo vehicles. They have a deal with the GOV that these cars are not for profit so if they ever did end up in the publics hands they could get nailed by the feds for it. Well when they are done its off to the Shredder with them to make sure they cant end up where they are not suppose to be.

Remember that Big Orange Chevy that use to be in the BFG ads? Well Four wheeler or one of the rags built it. Before it ended up on "Trucks" BFG was flogging the snot out of it. In the BFG adds it had a shell and Confer rack on it. They snagged the rack on a tree at Dixie run and ripped the shell off it. My Buddy ended up with the Rack. The bed rails were all screwed up and the Shell was totaled anyway. Thats why they were missing when it was on Trucks. My understanding is after Trucks it went to the crussher as well. :laugh:

12. FlatBackBlazer

FlatBackBlazer Registered Member

Big Blaze

Tracy should do another Big Blaze as a tribute to its fallen brother .... That truck was awesome.... I can't wait to see Srgt. Rock Completed, that guys is my hero:laugh:

13. xanthias

xanthias 1/2 ton status

The only thing that bothers me about Trucks! these days is, if you time it, less than half the show's actual content is about the fabrication or project at hand. Most of the show is whoring parts or other sponsor gear.

As for Extreme 4x4, I'd like to see more tech and fab and less "watch us bolt this on" stuff. Also, is it just me, or is Gale Banks all over both those shows lately?

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeap, Gale Banks is dumping a chitload of money into the show(s) so ofcorse he's being invited too be a guest on them.

15. clancy84

clancy84 Registered Member

two things about that really rub me wrong. 1.) thier are a finite number of the vehicles of that make and model... it won't come back. not to mention it makes a lot of us pissed for many of our own reasons.
    2.) its disrespectful to the planning,tallent, craftsmanship, and pride that goes into that project vehicle. it also doesn't help that/those companies who demand it happen, people are going to think negativily about the guys who destroyed that vehicle that they admire. just my .02

--Scott