Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

extremely PISSED!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Boss, Apr 3, 2000.

1. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Fellas, gotto vent.
    Driving back to work from lunch in my K5 about 1/2hr ago. I was at a stop sign and then this dump truck comes around a corner with this big ass wire hanging out of it, about 25ft. long and maybe an inch thick or more. Anyways, this wire is whipping around like a crazy snake and just takes out my windshield, and passenger side mirror. Then It got wedged under my Full convert top. The dude just kept going. I had to pull over to rip the wire out from underneath my top. One corner I couldn't pull out, so I had to cut it off. Then I raced down to see who did it and no one admit to it. There were like 30 trucks that look exactly the same. then finally one guy said it was this guy and he didn't admit it either. Then I called the co. and they aren't doing anything about it. AHHHHHHHH! Sorry, now I have to buy a new windshield and passenger mirror.
    To make matters worse, I got historic tags on it and that is suppose to be used for going to shows and stuff not as a daily driver. I was going to work and I use it as a daily, so I didn't want to get the cops involved. Sucks
    Boss

2. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

[censored] that, keep calling the office. and call your insurance company, maybe they would rather monkey with them than pay a claim.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

3. Hell, don't give up, keep bugging those idiots. You shouldn't have to pay a cent. If there is any problem with it being a classic, tell them you were taking it to get washed for some pictures that you were going to post on a famous K5 site!

<font color=red>ABO</font color=red>

4. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

I would go after the company. What would have happened if that wire would have hit a convertiable. be sure to mention that to them. You can still make a police report. And are you totally sure about only being able to drive the Blazer to Shows? I know some are limited to mileage.

Here in Az we have a lot of trucks with Rock/sand, and if a rock breaks you windshield they will pay if you get the truck number and call the company

Make them pay.......I somebody would have been injured they would be in a lotmore trouble than just a winshield and mirror,,,,,make sure you mention that, and don't take the" It's you word against ours" line

5. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

I understand your frustration.
    Give us a company name. Maybe they are accesable via internett. I'l send a "angry mail" all the way from Norway. That will scare them to take responsebility...
    If you call the insurance company I am sure they will help you out seeing as it is not your fault. Maybe the rules are a litle different, but when I got in an accident with my 1952 bike, they never asked about where I was driving it or why.
    I hope you get satisfaction on this one, anything else would just be wrong!!

http://sites.netscape.net/espensplace/homepage

6. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Shame you cannot or won't call the cops in cause that is called leaving the scene of an accident, which I believe is a class A misdemeanor in MD. If you know a good attorney preferably a friend, they can always sent the folks a nasty gram, this usually works as nobody wants to go to court.
    Otherwise keep calling those folks, especially if you can track down a witness and have them write/call.
    The bad news....they will wonder why you did not call the cops and use it to their advantage. They probably think you may not have insurance and will dry up and go away.
    Course I know for a fact you were not driving to work, you were on the way to have the oil changed, chassie lubed, truck washed and waxed etc.......after all it is historic...

<font color=green>Eagle86K5[​IMG]

<font color=red>Only guy I know that can get out of line in a one car funeral

7. **b**

**b** 1/2 ton status

Send a notice of intent
    via certified mail to the
    company...

Small claims courts
    it costs like 3 bucks to file...
    Ask around you CAN BEAT THEM!!! [​IMG]

8. Boss

Just to update yall. I did call the cops, but not till after I got back to work. But they couldn't do anything about it b/c I already left the scene of crime. I don't have a cell phone, so I would've have to walk a couple of miles if I wanted them right away. When I called the company again, they said I had no proof, b/c there are 3 different companies up there doing the same job with the same looking trucks. I told they could've killed someone, but they didn't care. Anyways, I did call the insurance co. and they will check things out tomorrow. Wish me luck.
    I want to thank all of yall who took the time to write. Made me feel a lot better. Thanks guys.
    Boss

9. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

You need to find out who carries the companies insurance and file a claim with them they are the ones at fault. You can call the d.o.t or the interstate commerce comission they should have this info on file for you. If it is a po putt operation you can call them direct..of course they wont want to tell you this info so you may have to some P.I. work..this is your best bet and if there was a witness, (im sure you can find a witness..wink wink) this will help your claim.

10. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Yes find out if they have email .We will all gang mail them about your ordeal.

11. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Re: Stick to your guns

You should ask Depdog if he knows what the law is for the Historic plates. He also may give you some insight as to what to do in your situation.

<font color=red>Mudzer</font color=red>
    1978/91 K5 Blazer

12. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear what happened.

Count me in for the email attack! Even better, give us the phone number. We won't let it stop ringing for a few days. That should give them a clue who they are messing with[​IMG].

<font color=black>//////
    What the heck!...Drive it like gas is $0.50/gal!!!
    </font color=black>[​IMG]

13. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

I might try calling the DOT and have all your friends call to.About stuff hanging and falling out if trucks.My neighborhood did.The next day they had a mobile inspection and weigh station giving tickets.Its worth a try.

14. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Hey buddy count me in for that e-mail attack, I hate those bastards that drive big trucks and when they do something they just deny it, about 3 months ago a big truck without splash guards threw a rock right onto my moms window a brand new Tundra, bad thing was that I was driving it to a gun show by my self, when I felt the hit I got kinda nervous and I didn't follow the truck to get the license plates or the truck # so I @#$# up, the same thing happened to my friend but he got the truck # and the company paid for the window I was really pissed off when I found out that I could've done something about it and I didn't so I had to pay for the window I know it's my mom but hey I was driving it gotta take responsibility right anyway count me in I'm sure you dont want to hear any more of my problems good luck buddy.

keep blazin !!!

15. cityfarmer2

cityfarmer2 Guest

Count me in also Almost had my wife killed by a speeding trucker on icy roads in Michigan she was doing 20mph and lost it and crossed the center line he saw her about a 1/2 mile away and could not stop or even slow down and give her a chance. He was doing 60 Mph in a 45 zone. Nailed her but good. And on top of it she got a 3 point ticket and a bunch of tubes in her for good measure. Knew I should of gone after the driver but just let insurance cover it. Found out six months later the same dude did have numerous speeding violations and deserved a lawsuit. Just a matter of time before he does kill someone. I'm still pissed but more at my myself for not following up on it. Wish you the best of Luck. Gary...

16. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Call the Company again and tell them your going to report them to the Better Business Bureau in your area and also contact the Attorney General. Notify them that this company is being unsafe in hauling in your area and that they caused so ($) much damage to your vehicle and will not pay for repairs. You can put in a formal complaint against a company. Also contact the Police Department and Check with them to see if anyone else has reported any accidents in that area.

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

17. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

You know Boss I have been analyzing this carefully. technically it could be considered "hit and run" thats a felony in our state and the employer could be an accessory to it for denying itor covering up evidence regarding the accident. It is most definitely leaving the scene of an accident and it could be even be "reckless endangerment"with out intent, although not stopping could be intent also for not checking his load correctly and failure to stop. But lets let the Law dogs chime in and see what they think. It has been along time since I was in law enforcement. Get your self un biased witness's and definitely file a police report.

18. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

It doesn't matter how many companies or trucks there were. If you have to, get every insurance company and driver that was there at the time and give it to your insurance company. Either that or file a civil suit and name every company and driver as a defendant. You know it was one of them, you just have to root them out. If you have to, get an attourney and subpoena the needed information. Recoup all your expenses by adding them to your damages in your lawsuit.

PS: In KS it wouldn't be a hit and run unless the driver knew he caused and accident. I am a little surprised the police wouldn't help any. You left the scene in an attempt to gather information about the other party involved that would otherwise have been lost forever.

Good Luck
    the Goose

19. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

This still has me steamed, I hope your insurance company desides to be on your side on this one. Had you been flipping doughnuts in a parkinglot, and crashed into something, then I can see where the historic tag could cause you a problem. Not on a ordinary drive like this.
    I wish you luck with the day.
    Espen

http://sites.netscape.net/espensplace/homepage

20. Boss

Wow, I'm really suprised how so many of yall want to help. You guys truly are some really great people, May God bless your hearts. Well, normaly I wouldn't do this, but since I am so pissed off, I will give yall the info I have. The company name is Aggtrans-Aggregate Transport Corp. Their Phone# is 1-888-766-4242. I will look for a website in a bit. Thanks you all.
    Boss