Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exuast Routing???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Dec 13, 2002.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Ok to get the exuast over that crossmember you have to have a s-bend then Im wondering how you guy get it high enough so that you dont see the pipes very much the truck that I was looking at hade where it goes up agin. I was gonna run my own exuast untill I found that second bend that went up and there was actually a 3rd one but I wouldent need that one btw its for a single cab long bed 84 K10 and any pictures would probably help ALOT

Im goen 3in duals with dumps after the rear axle and it already had headers

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I'll try to find some pics of my exhaust. It is above the framerails for the whole run, but it dips below them and exits in front of the tires.

You might want to rethink your choice of tube size, dual 3" is way too big unless you want the power at high RPMs and don't care about low end torque. </font color>

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Dual 3"s would be good for a diesel or a 540" BBC. Way too much for a small block though.

Rene

4. LlanoK5

LlanoK5 1/2 ton status

Shaggy,
    If you can find some pictures of your exhaust I'd like to see them. I'm thinking of running out pretty much the same way.

Kirk