Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Eye Sight

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Jan 24, 2006.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

How goes your eye sight get worst? I can understand if you don't ever wear your glasses and/or contact lenses because you would be straining your eyes. Or even squinting. But if you wear contact lenses every day, and glasses every evening, how can it get worse? I went from a -2.50 in both eyes perviously, to a -3.00 in the right and -3.25 in the left from my recent eye exam.

Anyone know? I don't want to be blind by the time im thirty.

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

It's because you're still growing up

Mine changed until I was 18 or so, no change since

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

4. fatbob

fatbob 1/2 ton status

I think I know why , but thats only one symntom[sp].
    Now tell me,is hair growing in the palm of your hands?:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

dang PigPen :haha::haha:

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Stave, your hands are naturally hairy from being a monkey.... wait, did your mom ever spank you when you were young.... wierd layers of puns here

7. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Many optometrists believe that the muscles around the eye alter the shape of the eye over time due to constant constriction. Much like if you gripped something with your hand tightly for a long period, those muscles will cramp and over time shorten. Vision therapy can sometimes relax those muscles and, again over time, allow the shape of the eye to return to more of a normal shape.

8. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

lol, I dont know why it happens, but it sucks. I cant see crap anymore. I have to go to the eye dr on the 2nd to get contacts so I can renew my license:rolleyes:. Ah well, it was gettin to the point I was gonna have to go regardless. Now Ill be able to remember what it was like back in middle school when I could read the license plate on a car 5 blocks away.......Now I feel old.....:crazy:

9. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

yup, same here. I've been wearing glasses since I was 12 now I'm 23 and my eyes have actually got alittle better.

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

How do I do vision therapy?
    Thanks

11. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

just you wait...

Until you approach 50,you ain't seen nothin yet..(no pun intended)..I thought my eyes sucked when I was young ,I always had to wear glasses since childhood..but I was 20/20 compared to now!..I have a real difficult time trying to wrench on or fix anything suddenly..everything seems to be too close to use my glasses(I'm nearsighted)..and just far enough away so I cant focus without them either..:mad: ..

IT totally ticks me off,when trying to rebuild a carb,or tinker with anything..and I doubt anything can be done,my eyes are just plain F***** from welding,squinting,and straining them for so long..plus old age is setting in..

I don't think there are any "eye excercises" that will help much,though there are some that supposedly improve vision so you can stop using glasses..

There is always laser surgurey..or you could smoke weed,that seems to help eyes focus things better (to a degree!:rolleyes: )..its good for gloucoma,it lowers internal pressure on the eyeball....

Pesonally,I think staring at computer monitors and TV screens (and maybe spanking it too much) are todays leading causes of eyesight deterioration..--ever heard of "Cathode Ray Poisoning"??:crazy: :eek1: ...