Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ez-lock for a 12 bolt?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blwnbwtie, Sep 24, 2002.

1. blwnbwtie

blwnbwtie Registered Member

I got a 12 bolt rear with an open carrier i am thinking about getting one of those ez-locks for it. Anyone ever use one in a 12 bolt? How was it, is it worth the $280 that it costs? Maybe should i just hold out sense i plan on going 3/4 in about 6 months to a year?

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Don't get the EZ, they are crap. If you want a drop in use the Lock-Rite. If you want more info do a search.

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

You could also send a PM to "Ryan B"....

He just started a 3/4-Ton conversion on his '72 and is pulling out a 12-Bolt with a Detroit Locker. I know that he spent a fortune on that locker, but might let it go for cheap, now that it will be taking up space.....

Just a thought.

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I have a PowerTrax LOck-Right and I broke it. I sheared the pins then broke the bosses where the pins and springs go. I would not waste the $280 for the drop in locker.

I have a Detroit Locker for 3.73 - 4.56 gears and it is in great shape. I am asking less than new price. Check out my 1/2 ton sale in the for sale boards. Make an offer on the Detroit.