Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

EZ-locker

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rasberry, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

I was thinking about adding a Detroit EZ-locker to my 12 bolt. Up's, Down's any input?

2. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

Also thinking about adding ez-locker to front dana 44. Any suggestions?

3. naranja72

naranja72 1/2 ton status

If you have the money, IMHO some sort of either electric or air locker in the front is the way to go. This will allow you to engage it when you really need it and disengage it if you have to make a sharp turn. Just my .02 worth.

marc

4. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't put an ez locker of any type in the rear differental of a truck that sees alot of pavement, or hard driving on pavement. The reason being that your using a carrier that was desgined for low stress open diff. duties. I've seen the carriers explode on the street. It just can't take the thrust of a locker.
    In the front I use a lock right, however I'm very easy in rocks and around corners. The u-joints are the weakist link. I'm also running chromoly axle shafts. Ideally a locker you can lock & unlock would be perfect for the front but at a retail of $600.00+install. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif