Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

EZ Locker

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by buddiesel, Nov 7, 2003.

1. buddiesel

buddiesel Registered Member

I just got an EZ locker for my K5, I am running stock 10bolts I was going to put it in the front cause i figured with the hubs unlocked it wont effect the drivability. Anyone know if i can modify this EZ locker so that it never unlocks, I figure i will only use it off road and only drive onroad in 2wheel. I have another vehicle that I use for the daily commute.

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Yeah send the EZ locker back get a refund. Then just weld your spyders or put in a spool. Its a heck of a lot cheaper. Why spend all that money on a locker just to ruin it /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. buddiesel

buddiesel Registered Member

Welding the spyder gears actually works? I thought that was a little shady. If I can do that then I will just put the EZ lock in the rear. What is a spool?

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

A spool is basically a solid piece of steel that replaces the spyders and keeps it locked always. I wouldn't weld the spiders on a 10b because they are weaker on that axle. If it blows apart then the pieces will ruin the rest of the pumpkin. Guys get away with it on 14bolts because they are bigger and stronger, This is just what I've heard. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Welding the front will make it harder to turn but if you don't care weld the front and put the locker in rear. That way you can just unlock the hubs and maintain some decent street manners