Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

EZ-Ride my a$$

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I just put in a set of 4" TC EZ Rides and holy crap. They are waaaaay stiffer then my 2.5" springs I took out. At least it is finally done. I am now lifted 4-5" total. Looks sweet, rides worse. Oh well. Sh*t happens.

Harley

2. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Not too good to hear about the ride since my lift should be here this week. I'll let you know how mine works out.

3. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

You gotta go out and break em in! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Bill

4. Hossbaby50

they were used springs. Doesn't look like they were run for very long but they are used. I will definitly be out breaking them in sometime soon. Just got to solve a few minor problems and I am ready.

Harley

5. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

(cough) BDS (cough) /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I want to do is replace mine with BDS Springs! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    Bill

7. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

I thought the same thing. Different tires solved my problem. Hopefully that problem won't be back when it is time for the next set.

8. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i love mine, went from rancho to EZ ride front and stock rear with shakle flip rear and i love it, it is way soft!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

What shocks are you running?

10. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Are you sure you did not over tighten the spring bolts? I have had buddies that have done this and they had a really hard ride. After they loosened them a lil the ride was 100% better. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Hossbaby50

Ya, I would but I got the EZ Rides for $50 in damn good shape. Couldn't pass that deal up. I am going to do a 6" BDS for the rear minus the overload when money allows.

I am running a set of Dick Cepek Racing 77 shocks up front right now. I am going to go with a Rancho 5000 in a Ford shock tower ASAP though.

Tires are 35" Goodyear MTR's. I am going to drop 5 psi in the front to help with the ride some later tonight.

Harley

12. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only had BDS, never had any other kind of lift and I think mine are stiff /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    4" sit more like 6", been on the truck for 6months

13. Hossbaby50

The ORD greaseable rears are at 55 lbs and the fronts are at about 90 lbs. I am going to recheck and retorque everything later this week.

14. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

First time I've ever heard that complaint on TC springs. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif I've had two sets now - 4" HD on the K5 (due to the winch in the front) which rode great, and 6" EZ's on the Burb, and they ARE soft riding........with the right shocks (both have/had RS9000's). Did you torque everything with weight on the suspension? Also, are you sure they are Tuff Country? Or are they some other brand of EZ Ride? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

15. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I just put in a set of 4" TC EZ Rides and holy crap. They are waaaaay stiffer then my 2.5" springs I took out. At least it is finally done. I am now lifted 4-5" total. Looks sweet, rides worse. Oh well. Sh*t happens.

Harley

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure we have a 100% smoking gun yet.... go unbolt the bottom of each shock (just leave the shocks hangin') and take it for a quick test drive. If the ride gets better you've got yourself a shock problem.... if the ride is equally stiff and bad, then you are the FIRST person I have ever heard from that didn't like T.C.'s /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

16. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

90 ft/lbs on the spring bolts? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif That's why it rides like $h!t. The bushings are pressed so tight that they won't let the springs extend. Loosen them up and take a quick trip around the block. You'll be amazed at the difference. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Harley,

I agree, I totally hated my TC springs, they were the stiffest springs I have ever rode. Don't like them, won't every run them again.

Good luck, I know where you can get a smoking deal on a set of Jeep springs /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif for the front of the blazer. Smoking soft /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

18. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    The ORD greaseable rears are at 55 lbs and the fronts are at about 90 lbs. I am going to recheck and retorque everything later this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn! Thats your problem right there. I torque the nuts down to 50 ft. lbs. only without any other problems. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

19. Hossbaby50

I am going to retorque down later this week. What should the front spring eyes be at? I did 90 lbs because I didn't know what was right. Thought heavier would be better then to light. I am going to retorque the ORD greaseable shackles to 45 lbs and see if that helps any. I also need to grease the suspension too. I greased everything before I put it in but I am going to grease everything again.

20. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I just snug 'em down enough so that the hanger is just BARELY touching the sides of the poly bushings.