Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

F-150 heater core went bad at 60k miles...any recourse?

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by 77Jimmy, Jul 5, 2003.

1. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

The heater core on my 98 F-150 went out recently at 60k miles...was quite costly to get it repaired. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Frankly, I'm a little bit torqued that this happened /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif ...5 year old heater core w/ only 60k miles on it??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

This is my daily driver and I baby the heck out of it, maintain it really well, etc.. Has anyone else had this happen w/ their F-150? Does anyone know about a recall on this or anything? Do I have any recourse on this? Am thinking about writing Furd a complaint letter and seeing if I can get any of the repair money back (read: fat chance).

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

well... here goes... i work on these things all day and have seen them go bad at much lower miles than 60k..(see 12k), they go bad, and when they do you probably pay about 8 hours worth of labor to have it replaced, right? you could do it yourself and save some money...not really that hard, just kind of tedious removing the dash and all...
    im sorry to hear about your bad fortune..but the chances are slimmer than slim to none that you get money back from ferd....

3. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the feedback. Yep, you nailed it, 8 hours of labor. I'm kind of shocked you've seen them go bad at less than 60k miles...makes me wonder what's going to go next! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

4. Confedneck

saw one today with 129k on it with a bad heater core, said to myself "thats gotta be the farthest an f150s ever gone on the original heater core.." and then i about fell over laughing..

5. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

You sure it was the original!? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Confedneck

ROFL...