Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

F-150 or F-250 coils?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by juanblzer, Nov 28, 2001.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

anyone know what vehicle i should use to convert my blazer to coils? what parts do i need? what problems will i encounter. I would love to do a coilover/ link setup but money is an issue. From what i've heard coils can be the next best thing. I plan on having a set of coils made for me but I know i will at least need the coil buckets off a ford. I also may use wristed radius arms until i can get a 3-link made that works.
    any help is greatly appreciated

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I guess coils would be cool...but why? Can't be for flex, or simplicity in design...maybe a better ride compared to cheap lift springs?

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

dang man, if you're going to go to all that work, why not just get some super flexy alcan leafs made up? If you're really hell bent on coils though, talk to Stephen Watson at ORD or Steve Frisbie. Theirs are both set up RIGHT.

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

4. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

im running flexy tough country springs 4 inch ezrides but they've already bent on one side. I want something trick but Ive been quoted 5000 for a complete Coilover setup. I dont have a welder and i've been told that there is much engineering that goes into a Coilover link setup for a blazer. Man, just the shocks cost over 500 each..

5. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

6. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

I forgot one thing and that F250 don't have coils unless you are looking at a 2wd ones and those coils will be very stiff. But it you are just setting up the suspension then they would be fine.

Donovan
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.rustbucket.rockcrawler.com>www.rustbucket.rockcrawler.com</a>
    Got Leafs??