Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

F*** 4WP w/ question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bhintz, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

*RANT ON* so I just finished swapping in my echobit swap and was looking at my truck and damn it got bigger so I bust out the measuren tape a it grew 5inches and I was suppose to have a 4inch superlift (from and installed by 4WP) in lift to begin w/, so I though WTF so look at the blocks which Ive (dont ask how) never notice there 2.5 inch blocks, so now Im thinking I only have a 2.5inch lift up front b/c the rear is now about 2.5inches taller (which is cool kinda b/c the trucks stance is kickass but Im going to need 4inch springs) so I go to bolt on the shocks and the things dont fit, there not long enough even fully extended there 3inches short so now I got to go buy new shocks. god Im pissed /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

my question is I went on a test without shocks and theres a bad driveline viberation from 5-20mph and goes away at 40mph and when you get off the gas at speed theres massive viberation under the car guessing arounded the t-case slip yoke, why do you think this is happing??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif and Im using a 6inch shim under the axle

next question I need a decent cheap long travel shock for the rear any suggestions???

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

doestch shocks(sp??), probably bad driveline angle causing your vibration, as for the springs, part number still on them somewhere? My BDS springs have the numbers painted on them, first thing I did when I got them was run the numbers to make sure I got the right ones.

3. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

I think for the drivetrain im going to get a cv shaft from tom or jess (if I win) /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

are your 2.5" blocks tapered? Got a pic? Want to sell them? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

yes and yes

6. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

For the driveline vibration, I would suggest that you try lowering your t-case.

7. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

I may not understand, but you thought that you had a 4" lift but now think that it may be a 2.5" lift?

They may have used an add-a-leaf in the rear along with the block. My 6" kit came with an add-a-leaf and a 4" block for the rear, to the unsuspecting it may appear as only a 4" lift on my truck. If you think that your front may be 2.5" springs maybe post a pic?

If I'm not with you, nevermind... it's late...carry-on /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

8. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I just got done looking at the pics in your other post. On the first pic the height of the front and the relationship between the fenders and 35's looks consistent with a 4" lift.

For the rear, the first pic shows your K5 with the top and doors on it, and the typical K5 sag. The other pics, after the shackle flip, show the K5 with no top or doors and a noticably higher rear stance. So my thoughts are that it would be pretty reasonable to think the rear of the Blazer would be much higher with the Echobit flip (isn't it supposed to give at least 5" of lift) and the removal of the top (the back of my K5 with stock springs sit's noticably higher with the top off).

9. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

when I posted that top and doors were on took them off today