Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

F*CK being PC

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by laketex, Jul 4, 2003.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

shewheeler's post apologizing for not being PC got me to thinking that I should post this here. And let me say that I stand firmly behind the movement to [naughty word] the liberal PC bs that abounds in America today.

<font color="red"> This says it all, and I agree </font>

<font color="blue"> This is an editorial written by an American citizen, and published in a Tampa newspaper. It was written after it was disclosed that the State of Florida had changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered. He did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please!

</font>

<font color="red"> IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. </font>

<font color="blue"> I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. </font>

<font color="red"> We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language! </font>

<font color="blue"> "In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture. </font>

<font color="red"> If (the) Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion, and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE. </font>

<font color="blue"> If you agree -- pass this along;
    if you don't agree -- delete it!

AMEN
    </font>

And a commentary from my father-in-law, whom I respect for his views of reality.

Just a couple thoughts on the above:

Whatever happened to the days when immigrants wanted to be &amp;#8220;Americans&amp;#8221;? Many, too zealously it would seem, Americanized even their names to be more American. Names like Mueller became Miller, Santorini became Sanders, and &amp;#8230;you get the picture. Immigrants pushed themselves and their children to speak English. It was a mark of pride.

Immigrants tried, often with great hardship due to prejudice and other factors, to melt into the melting pot. Now it seems that so many newcomers want to just be placed into the giant mixture of cultures and reap the bennies. You probably remember 8th Grade Science when you found out that when a substance which keeps its identity is placed with other substances which have kept their identities, it is called a mixture. That&amp;#8217;s what we&amp;#8217;ve allowed ourselves to become, &amp;#8220;The Great Mixture Pot&amp;#8221;.

I agree with the author, enough is enough. We need leaders that aren&amp;#8217;t afraid to go against the politically correct crowd. I thought that we were supposed to have majority rule with the protection of minority rights. What happened? (A rhetorical question I assure you&amp;#8230;the answer is the liberalization of the Supreme Court.) What happened to international borders, and national sovereignty? We don&amp;#8217;t want do what is necessary to protect our borders, because we could offend someone??? Are you kidding me? At any moment, the one terrorist with the critical component of a dirty bomb, or a biological agent deployment system, or the final stages of a plan for a mass attack on a city or cities can cross our border. When that happens (and I suspect it will, based upon what I was told by an Israeli Moussad guest speaker about an Arab&amp;#8217;s patience and inability to forget (e.g. USS Vincennes shoots down an Iranian airliner with the result that Arab terrorists down PanAm 103 over Lockerbie)), there will hopefully be a horrendous outcry from the people of this country. We will then &amp;#8220;overreact&amp;#8221; according to some, yet to others, we will take actions we should have taken long ago. I regret that such is our history.

Americans of every heritage must realize the stakes here. At some point, we&amp;#8217;ll have to get to the point of rage where, with apology to the movie, Network, we&amp;#8217;re all, &amp;#8220;&amp;#8230;mad as hell, and (we&amp;#8217;re) not going to take it any more!&amp;#8221; At that point, and only then, will things change for the better.

Tom

<font color="green">That said, everyone have a happy fourth of July. Remember on this day that it is not about cooking out on the grill or fireworks shows. It is about the people that have sacrificed to make this the best nation on this planet. It is about the unity of our nation and the freedoms we share. It is about everything that makes America great, and we should be thankful for that!!! Happy Fourth of JULY!!!! </font>

2. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I didn't read your post because it was too long. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif But I agree, people who can't take gay, race, fat jokes and that are obsessed with being PC about EVERYTHING, need to shut the fock up.

And if you're like that... f*ck you!

3. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I hold nothing back, if I don't like it, I'll tell you. Man, I love free speech... To hell with sugar coating things. I just hate how everything gets a more polite term. I'll bet they're gonna start calling convicted felons victims of their up bringing...wait, they already do /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    And racial profiling is something we all have to live with. People are saying we shouldn't single out Arabs for terrorism. Are they on crack? If that's where the majority are from, that's where we have to look. Just so I don't sound like someone who shouts "white power", you notice that many serial killers are white? All races and ethnicities have crime and commit crime, but some more specific in types than others...statistical fact. So to narrow the search, you go to the obvious source. I wouldn't care if someone comes and asks if I did something based on my skin color...if I'm innocent, I have nothing to worry about...

4. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Yup, us Texans know whats up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. speedup

speedup Registered Member

I totally agree. I love it when people speak the truth. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Well I read all our post and all I have to say is I couldn't agree with it more. I'm getting tired of all these people that want us to change everything for them, If they liked there own country/culture so much go back to whatever country you came from and leave us alone. Ever notice that the oldest cultures on this planet are the most F'd up ones out there. Everything started in the middle east and northern Africa, But look how much they screwed things up. They call us racist but you don't see ethnic cleansing over here and how many Americans do you see that kill someone just because of there religion? I could give a rats ass just act normal.

Now they come over here and start to ruin our country, I don't care about color/race/religion. just don't try to change me to your ways and if you come over here act American and you'll be treated like one. Its the people that want to act like where they came from that I treat like [naughty word].

Have a Happy 4th /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Maybe you should read it all. It's one of the best emails i've recieved all year and really opens your eyes to what's been bothering ya.

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

It's no different here in Canada as far as new immigrants goes. I'm not very PC but I am an immigrant that came to this country with my parents from Holland in the mid 60's. I grew up learning two languages until school age and then english only once I got to school. I watched my parents keep things around that were very Dutch, speak Dutch at home and talk about Holland a lot. I think that is very normal for any new immigrant. They took a few ESL courses (English as a Second Language) and eventually learned enough to get by. Many people helped them, and many took advantage of their lack of local knowledge...

They didn't expect a free ride, or the rest of Canada to learn Dutch though...

I think we're seeing typical immigrant behavior that has gone on since forever. Give them 10-15 years and they'll be every bit as American as they'll ever be...but their kids will be American through and through.

Imagine moving to Japan, how quickly would you be speaking Japanese? How easily could you adapt to the cultural differences? Would you turn your back completely on your own personal history? I'm pretty sure you'd want the people there to cut you some slack on language and cultural 'mistakes'.

That being said I wouldn't move to another country and then burn it's flag and rape their social services. That I do have a problem with.

So...is it too PC to look at both sides of the story? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Rene

9. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    So...is it too PC to look at both sides of the story?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

But when I was in the Marines I did 3 Med Floats and in every country we were in they treated us like crap...cept for Israel. And when you go over there all they do is tell you how you have to act there way and respect there customs or you'll get in trouble.

I guess I'm kinda biased...my ancestors came over in the early 1600's /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif somthing about steeling sheep in england /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

10. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Imagine moving to Japan, how quickly would you be speaking Japanese? How easily could you adapt to the cultural differences? Would you turn your back completely on your own personal history? I'm pretty sure you'd want the people there to cut you some slack on language and cultural 'mistakes'.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were forced to move to Japan, it would be one thing. If I CHOSE to move to Japan, I would not expect them to cater to me, understand my language, then be pissed off when they did not. If people choose to move to another country, they should expect to follow the cultural guidelines of that country, and not get handed everything. They should be prepared for what they will encounter.

If you want to stay at my house, don't bitch about my housekeeping.

11. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

I just got back from a 4th of July parade, I stood up and put my hand over my heart every time the flag went by, ESPECIALLY when the old veterans went by in the 90 degree heat. These old fellas could have stayed home in their air-conditioned houses, SURELY THEY, above all others...had earned that right after they sacrificed their health and their comrades lives defending our freedoms! But there they were sweating and risking heatstroke to represent for their country. I stood last year, hand over heart, in the same spot... as I'll be next year. And a WWII Vet carrying the flag met my eye...and gave me a nod and a smile.....THAT is what will stick with me until I die. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

12. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    "In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but we should also be tolerant of other religions and cultures. After all, American culture is an assimilation of all cultures.

13. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

i agree with the original post of "its america, learn to conform" if you dont like the way we do things, go back the swamp land ruled by scum from where you came...we dont need you here, nor do we have to tolerate any of your personal preferences, but we do...and thats what makes america diverse...

14. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    "In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but we should also be tolerant of other religions and cultures. After all, American culture is an assimilation of all cultures.

[/ QUOTE ]

assimilation-(marriam-webster)
    2 a : to make similar b : to alter by assimilation c : to absorb into the culture or mores of a population or group

Tolerant and assimilation do not go hand in hand.

15. the cork

the cork 1/2 ton status

its all very confusing, what is going on in america today,
    nothing makes much sense, different rules for different people, all you can do is go with the flow and be happy,
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif thank you vets,

16. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, that whole case about the woman in the drivers license thing is a complete joke. If you look at the middle east nations ran by muslims who have drivers licensing systems, you'll find that in some of them women can't drive at all (simply because of their sex) and in the ones where they can they dont get to wear crap over their faces for the photos. If its ok for muslims in muslim countries, why the heck is this wacko lady making a big deal about it here? Its not like its some "right" she lost when she moved here...

These kinds of petty rules and regulations are the kind of thing that immigrants must conform to. I think some weak-minded individuals have this idea that following procedural rules like this somehow make it so an immigrant can't maintain their own cultural identity. I mean, my family is german... we came over here after WWI. Beer is a big part of german culture and its not uncommon for germans to start drinking it well before they are 21. That said, if I had ever got busted by the fuzz when i was drinkin at 17 (or whatever) I wouldn't have expected a free pass because by great grandfather was born in germany. Similarly, this muslim chick shouldn't expect to be able to skate around the rules. Neither of us have really had our cultural identity taken from us, its still there. Being a nation of immigrants, its not uncommon for people to celebrate/share their heritage here and thats a good thing. It doesnt mean the entire society/system should bend to the immigrants will though.

j

17. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

uhh she wasnt even muslim if i recall correctly, she only practiced the religion of islam...could be wrong but thats the way i heard it

18. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i thought that was the definition of muslim... AFAIK, neither "muslim" nor "arab" is a race, they are all semetic, just like the jews... which, of course, means they have to hate each other. lol!

j

19. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

in certain parts of cali. i can not read the billboards /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifthere in spanish. at some grocery stores i have to ask for leche or i get no milk /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

The US is no longer a "melting pot".

The new term is "salad bowl".

This is official US Government policy, as instructed to the US military in Equal Opportunity briefings. Ask me how I know... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif