Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

F**d Bronco question...sorry guys...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Lotsa_Faith, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

my friend has a '94. when turning full lock in 4wd his left front knocks really hard. I'm thinking U-Joints? If not, then what? and where can i find him some replacements and how hard would it be to replace them? thx

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Did you check to see if it is contacting something in the steering, or suspension, or inner fender wells? That is were I would start on the knocking. If it is an axle ujoint, then you have to remove everything except the knuckle like a Chevy. (I think) Not sure because of the TTB.

I would check everything possible before ripping into the axle assembly to get to the axle joint.

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Ohhhh TTB <shudder> If it isn't something like wheel bearings or a weight on a rim hitting a tie rod I recomend buring it and collecting the insurance money and buying a new truck. That TTB stuff is a pain in the butt to work on.

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Changing the axel joint in a bronco with TTB is the same as a Chev except you dont have to take the front cover off the diff and pull the C clips.
    All you have to do is. Pull the rotor,hub,and spindle and the axel will slide right out. The TTB front is a D44 without axel tubes so everything comes apart the same way.
    You should be able to get the U joints at most auto parts stores or a drive line shop

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Front axles don't have c clips on Chevy's do they? All the spare axle shafts I have bought have no provision for a c-clip. From what I understood they were full floating design. Rear 10 bolts have c-clips.

6. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Correct.