Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

f-ing pissed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by supersize75k5, Sep 9, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

last week I sell some parts to a friend of mine, he is in a rush so I just have him cut me a check....

I have sold and bought parts all the time and have recieved large amounts in check with no problems so far and he is a good friend..even though his truggy is a furd..

well this mornig I pull to get gas in the 86 as I am dead empy and my card wort work..I walk in and same story inside... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

so i call my bank "wells fargo" my account in negitive and six over draft charges /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

To make it worse my phone bill is direct payment off it and I get hit for another overdraft..

I go home and I have a email from him saying a check from his friend bounced and not to deposit mine yet...

The big problem is I get payed monthly "contract work" and I just spent a rediculous amount of money on parts for my 72 project....for new spindles, springs, compressors, pumps, valves, guages, brackets ect..

so now not only am I broke, lacking money for the rest of the month, and the money I should have from him has cost me rather than enrich me /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

not to metion I have to put stop payment on my storage payments I sent in..but I have no money to pay for the stop payment..so I will get three more over draft charges for the three storange units payments/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

and to top it off my car and truck are both on empty and I have 1 daller in my wallet..

I had a cushin but I just spent that on my sister's birthday gift on tuesday.. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

mother fawking bad luck /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

talk about raining on my pardade

ohh..the good news.....

keep going...

still thinking...

maby...no..

I just saved 15 percent on my auto insurance by switching to gieco

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

life is not good, I dont see how such mauch bad came together in one day /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I'm sure there's a local CK5 guy willing to lend you some cash

Now go kick this guys ass!

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

if you were closer i;d lend you some money. good luck on fixing it though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Got paypal? I'll send you a couple bucks. Don't know if that will help though seeing as once you transfer it, the bank will get it. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

You should have a few bucks by early next week if the postman can find your address. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

There is nothing worse than not being able to afford a coffee and jelly donut in the morning. It ruins your whole f'n day.

-Chris

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I wish I could have a hot drink and doughnut every morning /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

8. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I feel your pain buddy. Jenn spent money and didn't tell me. I spent money and didn't tell her and now I'm pretty sure that at least a hundred dollars of my check tomorrow will go to overdraft fees damnit.

9. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

i can help. just pay for my big block when u get the money back.

10. supersize75k5

you guys are great but it will work out, I save all my 1 daller bills and change to save for my trip to california for when my friend get leave, so I raided for 6 bucks in gas money, and I didnt even have to use change /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I went to the shop in the pontiac "read..good mpg" and he needed a block assembled and installed tommarow so I got lucky. Now I get to finish up the motor in the morning and install it in a sweet rust free 71 elky /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

shawn are u geting payed to build the motor for my 1 ton?

12. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

This won't help you now but the next time go to the bank that the check was drawn on and CASH the check. If the guy doesn't have the money in the bank to cover the check then the bank won't cash it and you won't be in the position you are now. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You need overdraft protection.

14. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I went to the shop in the pontiac "read..good mpg" and he needed a block assembled and installed tommarow so I got lucky. Now I get to finish up the motor in the morning and install it in a sweet rust free 71 elky

[/ QUOTE ]

See , things work out sometimes . This is life too /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

15. supersize75k5

[ QUOTE ]
    shawn are u geting payed to build the motor for my 1 ton?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, I am putting one together for the 71 elky in the shop, I think I will be busy on the 72 project next week so I assume some one else is doing it, I am getting payed to do the swap though...I got that down to a sience on these trucks /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

16. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    You need overdraft protection.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with overdraft protection you still have the fee's, but it protects you from having to pay the bad check fees to the businesses cause the bank covers you /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I am very careful now cause my OD fees are are like 28 fawkin dollars /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif