Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

F#$KING HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by evilk5, May 12, 2004.

1. evilk5

evilk5 Registered Member

Went out to get in the K5 to go to work and NO BLAZER!!!! I called the police to come and take a stolen veh. report. He called in the plates and found it was towed. I called the homeowners association and they towed it. To make a long story short they towed the wrong vehicle! I was ok with that until the dumb ass biotch told me I could go down and get it at the tow yard. I WENT OFF! They offered no appoligies (sp) nothing. My theory is "Bring my K5 back to me at my house or work, end of story". It is now 12:30 and I still have not heard from anyone on this. I also called a lawyer and he was no help at all. If I had received an appology this would not be an issue. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifI'm going to go to the board meeting as raise some [darn] noise! /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif As I'm writing this the person that towed my vehicle called and appoligized and is towing my vehicle to me, that is all that I wanted in the first place. Still going to raise some hell and have fun doing it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Ah, the perks of livin in the fancy part of town... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif...I'll take the poor ass side of the town anyday!

Anyway, that sucks bro...

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Yeah, we had that happen to us..sorta. This happened with our first H.A. neighborhood that we lived in. The second was cool, but still WAAAAAAAAAAAY too many rules for me.

I was traveling A LOT for work, so my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif would stay parked in front of our house for weeks at a time. The rules in the H.A. book stated that no "inoperable" vehicles can parked on the street at any time. Well, mine wasn't inoperable, so I parked it on the street whenever I felt like it.

During one particularly looooong trip (6 weeks) the H.A. had it towed. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif To top it off we were supposed to leave for a camping trip the day after I got home. Instead, I spent that day arguing with the H.A. rep and getting my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif out of the impound ($300 /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif)

When I asked the H.A. WHY they towed it, I was told that it had sat too long and they ASSUMED it didn't run because of the oil spot under it. WTF?? I went and looked on the street at where it had been parked and didn't find ANY oil spot, so I called the H.A. rep and told her to come show me the oil spot. She got real b*tchy, stormed over to my house and pointed to a SPOT OF FRIGGIN ROAD TAR THE SIZE OF A DIME!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

She still refused to have it brought back to me on the grounds that since it sat so long it MUST have been "inoperable". I got a sworn statement from the guy at the impound lot that my truck was indeed operable, and that it was not parked in any illegal zones when he came to tow it.

Long story short..I sued..we sold the house and moved...I won the lawsuit /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif It's amazing what $60 for small claims court, some good pictures, and a sworn affadavit (sp?) will accomplish. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

I'll NEVER be a part of a H.A. again..EVER!!

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

There are good and bad sides to an HOA, keeps my scummy neighbors in line (kinda), makes 'em fix the broken windows etc. (the only renters in the hood). Ours says NO vehicles parked outside the garage and fence (even in my own driveway) for more than 3 days, this keeps the old fart next to me moving his "classic" '72 Plymouth Duster (V6 no less!) from sitting outside 24/7/365.

Bad part is I can't even leave K5 or boat out without someone bitching.

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Sometimes I like to go outside in my driveway, where trucks have been know to be parked for months, in my underwear and cape and do a little target practice with the 1911, then later, fully dressed, randomly beat on things and weld for hours and hours till dawn comes, making as much noiuse as I wish

6. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

That's why I like living in the country, I can park my vehicles wherever I want on my property for as long as I want

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Yup, trying to buy 5 acres outside of town to build on, but the wife will not go too far out, so it's pricey.

I can't wait to be able to move all my crap out of my friends barn so I don't have to drive 20 miles to dick around with the K5's, boat, etc.

8. evilk5

evilk5 Registered Member

My dad has 45 acres in souther Oregon, he shoots and does WTF ever he wants. He even has a couple of holes dug just in case he has to fill them with some low lifes. I'm looking at some houses w/ property in southern Oregon so I can be a free American and live the dream /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

HOAs freakin suck... they have good intentions and all, but its only a matter of time before a bunch of snooty rich punk live-our-way-or-get-out Nazis run the show. My parents live in one, and I will never EVER do the same.

j

10. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    so I can be a free American and live the dream

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm doing the same thing but in Nevada... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. evilk5

evilk5 Registered Member

After dealing with this shat I will never by another house with an HOA. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifWe still live in the USA or do we live in Mexico where stealing is pretty much normal? The next time they steal the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifthey will be getting an old fashion beating /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

12. landsmasher

So how did they get your K5 mixed up with whoever they were supposed to tow? And what kind of vehicle was it they were looking for?

13. evilk5

evilk5 Registered Member

They were suppose to tow 78 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif silver with no rear window, flat tire, stock veh. and a big [darn] sticker in the window stating it was going to be towed. My /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif is green with a soft top with no sticker and a six inch lift /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif; UPDATE, while they were busy with mine the owner of the other /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif picked his up before they could tow it /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

14. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    this keeps the old fart next to me moving his "classic" '72 Plymouth Duster (V6 no less!)

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ya might want to peek under the hood sometime. You'll find all 6 cylinders lined up nicely in a row, though they do all lean to one side. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

15. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm doing the same thing but in Nevada...

[/ QUOTE ]

Your chances of being a free American in Nevada are infinitely higher than in Oregon. One of the reasons I plan on retiring in the Carson Valley/Minden/Gardnerville area....

16. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I never understood why people get their panties in a wad because someone has their car parked in the driveway. Who cares?! This is America, let the man park whatever he wants, whenever he wants, and for however long he wants! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yeah, really. Mind your own damn business!!!!!!

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    this keeps the old fart next to me moving his "classic" '72 Plymouth Duster (V6 no less!)

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ya might want to peek under the hood sometime. You'll find all 6 cylinders lined up nicely in a row, though they do all lean to one side. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Aaahhhhhh the 225 slant 6. Great engine for a mopar family car, very dependable.

19. landsmasher

[ QUOTE ]
    One of the reasons I plan on retiring in the Carson Valley/Minden/Gardnerville area....

[/ QUOTE ]

We may be crossing paths then. I'll be traveling back and forth a lot on Hwy 80. I went to high school in Gardnerville! Back then, Gardnerville and Minden were two seperate towns... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. DougK20

DougK20 1/2 ton status

Funny, I was just nominated to be our HOA president last night. If elected, I will do my best to enforce all agreed covenants and ensure we have the most beautiful neighborhood in the city. All I can say is I'm glad you don't live in my neighborhood. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif