Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

F*&%$ Metal Sheds

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stickseler, Nov 28, 2003.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Just because I decided to save about $750 and build a metal shed instead of a wood one...The Lumber Gods have cursed me....9 hours later it started to rain...Ill only have 2 hours more to go tomorow....f&**% metal splinters....6,458,983 f^&*(& metal screws...and nuts....and bolts....and washers.... Then the POS panels are 1/2" to long on the back and sides so I cut ne with the tin snips....Ouch...anyhow I'm glad the things about as thick as a beer can because I just bent the edges over...POS...Next ones out of wood.

Oh yea did I mention about half the screws don't line up /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Just because I decided to save about $750 and build a metal shed instead of a wood one...The Lumber Gods have cursed me....9 hours later it started to rain...Ill only have 2 hours more to go tomorow....f&**% metal splinters....6,458,983 f^&*(& metal screws...and nuts....and bolts....and washers.... Then the POS panels are 1/2" to long on the back and sides so I cut ne with the tin snips....Ouch...anyhow I'm glad the things about as thick as a beer can because I just bent the edges over...POS...Next ones out of wood.

Oh yea did I mention about half the screws don't line up /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't the Corps teach you anything? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Marines only destroy stuff, they ain't suppose to be building it............. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

metal is good for roofing, but yeah its tough stuff to work whith at times /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

When I worked for a camp in Idaho we got a big wood shed donated to us and we had to build it. We named it Klos-e-nuf. Because when we put it together we would be like, "Ah, close enough." I think honestly, it is a motto to live by... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm very surprised that a man like you that deals in wood would choose to buy a tin shed package....... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I'm gonna scan in a pic of a shed I built out at my rec property this summer and post it so you can feel even worse!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Here's a pic of the shed in progress. It's sheeted and I'm starting to install the cedar siding:

[​IMG]

In this pic I just finished putting off the shed by putting on the tin roof:

[​IMG]

6. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

hehehe, someone build a wooden car

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

we got one of those sheds in our back yard..pretty good sized shed..me and my dad put it up few years ago..seems flimsy when ur putting it up but when its all up and together it makes a pretty good sterdy little biulding..

8. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

lmao klosenuff hahaha...hey bryguy, NICE AVATAR!!!

9. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

This one was on sale at sears its 10X9 w/ 7'ceiling for $215 I figured it up at work and even at my cost a 10X10 would have been close to a grand in wood. Hopefuly plywood prices will drop by the summer when I build the one in the back yard

10. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]nice shorts, eh? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

11. Confedneck

LMAO... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. Can Can

You betcha. We can only wear shorts for about 5 months a year up here- the rest of the year requires pants AND long underwear to keep warm. So from mid-May to about mid-September you won't catch me wearing a pair of pants.

13. Confedneck

[ QUOTE ]
    Call your carpenter, go to True Value and get some supplies, pull on yer short britches, build yourself a bridge, and get the [darn] over it. - Swanson52

[/ QUOTE ]

anyways its too cold for me to wear shorts today, a whole wicked 60* right now...allthough it was 40s when i got up at 7..

14. Can Can

Quit yer' whining, softy. It's 14' Farenheit right now and it's snowing........ /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Quit yer' whining, softy. It's 14' Farenheit right now and it's snowing........ /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, y'all know what you can do with it if y'all get sick of it.............. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I want to see the carnage /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ...hey bryguy, NICE AVATAR!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

i found it to be rather amusing /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I still like this...

[​IMG]

18. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea thats a good one to lol..id like to get that made into a sticker so i could put it on my back window /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I did it and someone turned me in for copy right infringement... So I had to take it down... LOL! Oh well. Wish the guy would go ahead and put them up on sale here. I didn't even get one... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hah id still try it myself, untill some a-hole turned me in..worse thing..i could say i had no clue lol..(and thats usually the case!) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif