Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

f-wk

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Dec 26, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

My braces really hurt this day.
    This morning around 2:00 before we left for the airport, somehow one of my wires popped out from the thing at the very back tooth. I couldnt get it back in, so I have been in pain all day:D It's bowed out, I'll have to try to push it into the hole tomorrow morning. The dentist doesn't open until Janurary 4th or 5th:(
    Shouldn't have ate those hazelnut squares...:crazy:

2. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I remember when my son first got his braces. He was in pain for a few days. he had to keep putting wax on the ends of the wires where they rubbed his cheek. He also had to have a "Herps Appliance" That thing is viscious. It looked similar to this. http://www.littlenoles.com/HERPS_APP/images/PA130034_JPG.jpg

P.S. How can we put pics in the post now?

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Holy piss, that stuff is insane!!!! I'm glad I never got braces... I'll live and be happy with my crooked teeth, thank you, no metal stuff in my mouth

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Yikes! That thing look DANGEROUS! I've had mine since the 13th of december... they were feeling A LOT better up until the wire popped out. I only needed to put wax on the 2 teeth close to the front because the little do-dad the wire goes through had a litle piece sticking out that would irratate my mouth. I haven't had to put any on the back teeth yet.
    UPDATE: I played with it a bit, and it popped back in. At first it hurt more, but now its an hour later and it almost feels like it did a fewnights ago; fine:)

5. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I hated that wax crap so I just tuffed it out until my cheeks got used to them.
    I had this thing called a pallet expander and it went in the roof of your mouth and you had to turn it each day which expanded it, that hurt 10x's worse than the braces.

The worst thing is I just got my braces off a few months ago and on tuseday I have to get my wisdom teeth removed:mad:

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Vanity thy name is Stave

7. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

owww looks like that really hurts:mad: [​IMG]

8. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Wire in the Cheeks

Next time you see your dentist ask him to bend the very ends of the wires in toward your teeth. Just a teeny tiny 90 degree bend. Keeps the ends from jabbing your cheeks. It makes all the difference and helps anchor the wires so they don't pull out. Have not had to use wax since.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2004