Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

F150 mirror install questions

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rrent, May 27, 2003.

1. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Greetings all -- I finally got my Ford F150 mirrors in (now I can get my door panels back on).

How did you guys mount these -- there is some big old brace sticking out the back -- did you drill a big hole and leave these on or hack them off?
    What kinda screws did you use?
    Will the smallish sheet metal screws work or should I make the holes bigger and go with a bulkier screw?

any/all other hints, tips, or tricks will be appreciated

thanks in advance
    Ronnie

2. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

People have been hacking them off I think I have not done it yet. I am sure some will correct me if I am wrong.

3. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

RingMaster4x4 - I think you are right - I did a search and found where someone had cut off the arms and mounted with 2 bolts. Sounds like a good job for tomorrow after work. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Big Sean E

Big Sean E Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    RingMaster4x4 - I think you are right - I did a search and found where someone had cut off the arms and mounted with 2 bolts. Sounds like a good job for tomorrow after work. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactamundo!! Chop off that long arm, and bolt it right up! Don't forget to throw some wax on 'em if ya got the ones with the chrome accents to keep 'em shiny. You can see how they look on my rig. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Its a go then -- I'll pick up some machine bolts/washers/locks/nuts and get 'em mounted.

It will be nice to be able to see where I've been again.

6. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

big sean

that is a seriously nice and clean blazer. i saw that your top radiator hose has a bent pipe in it. glad to know im not the only one with those. the parts guy argued with me for like an hour over that.
    nice job on the mirrors.

nathan

7. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Got the mirrors on ------ used sheet metal screws on the front holes and machine bolts with nuts on the ones I could reach. Had to press my 11 year old into service to hold the screw driver while I reached up through the door hole to get the nut started.

8. Big Sean E

Big Sean E Registered Member

Thanks 69K5! She runs better when she gets compliments! So rrent, how do the mirrors look? Do ya like 'em?

9. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Mirrors look great -- I'll get some pics developed/scanned/posted soon-- I didn't drive it today so I haven't gotten to give them a road test yet (tomorrow I'll drive it - can you say 100 degrees expected in Texas?)- but they gotta be better than the twisting around thing I've been doing trying to see whats coming.

10. RingMaster4x4

Where did you get your mirror from?

11. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

I got them off of ebay from:

1A Auto
    2 Lomar Park Drive Unit #3
    Pepperell, MA 01463
    Toll free order line 1-888-844-3393
    Information line 1-978-433-3393
    http://www.1aauto.com/

They were listed as: Ford Bronco F150 F250 F350 BC Mirror 92-96 RH -Ford Bronco F150 F250 F350 BC Mirror 92-96 LH $39.95 ea. (early buy) plus shipping total just over $95.00

There were several others on there for anywhere from $55 to $75 each -- OUCH. I think the guys a 1A Auto stock these so if you give them a yell they can probably fix you up with a pair.

good luck

12. RingMaster4x4

Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif