Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

F16 in Fallujah

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DBLAZER, Sep 27, 2004.

1. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

This is an F16 doing Close Air Support (CAS) during the recent fighting in Fallujah. As you know, we have been bombing insurgent "safe houses" with some success recently. This F16 was on such a mission, to hit a house with an Laser Guided Bomb (LGB), when 30+ insurgents left the building en masse to hurry to a nearby engagement with US Marines which had been going on for hours. The pilot communicates with a Forward Air Controller (either in the air or on the ground) and changes the flight path of the bomb while it is in the air. You can clearly see the "L" flashing in the Multi-function Display (MFD), and "TGP" is selected. The bomb itself is probably a 500 pounder used for minimal "collateral damage". Has sound so turn on your speakers.

CAS

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Wowzers. That was somethin else!

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

that kicks so much ass I cant even stand it!

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I get to watch that stuff nightly...LIVE /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

"Hey Ackbar...what is that noise?".......KABOOM!!

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. big pappa b

More like " Hey Akbar..your legs fell off" /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahaahahaha, dude, you just made my day /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Thanks, I needed a little pick me up this morning. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Although I bet there wasn't any conversation afterward between the parties involved. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

10. big pappa b

saw one video that a guy was on fire, his buddy was trying to put him out. Secondary explosions from the mortar in the back of their truck started going off so the helping buddy ran. After they stopped going off the buddy comes back to drag his fallen friend out of the fire...his legs stayed put. Buddy drops his now dead friend and runs off /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

11. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    saw one video that a guy was on fire, his buddy was trying to put him out. Secondary explosions from the mortar in the back of their truck started going off so the helping buddy ran. After they stopped going off the buddy comes back to drag his fallen friend out of the fire...his legs stayed put. Buddy drops his now dead friend and runs off /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Where do you guys get that stuff (not YOU in particular, BPP)?

How do these things make it to the internet? I'd think the recordings from these things would be locked up a little better?? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

13. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

One possible scenario:
    Some young snuffy in the Intel shop makes a "highlights" CD for himself , then posts a couple clips somewhere to impress his friends. Next thing you know, it's worldwide.

14. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

The guys send this stuff home to their buddies who then in return send it to their friends and so on. Technically all that stuff is classified or sensitive material. Not everyone plays by the rules of OPSEC. This is why it is so easy for the enemy to gather information nowadays.

15. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    This is why it is so easy for the enemy to gather information nowadays.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.
    That and CNN.

16. big pappa b

Yep, some dumb kid that works with us posted on a local website some of the stuff we are doing and what we are using and from where. I just happened to find it looking for some local wheeling info. I had it deleted from the site as fast as I could. He was dumb enough to post his name and where he worked. He put his life in danger. All it would take is for some "Bad" person surfing the net for whatever info and if that link happened to come up they have his name, where he works, what he does and what effects they are having on the enemy. That stuff spreads soooo fast

17. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

One oof my jobs was a Forward Observer. Very cool knowing you had so much power with just a Mic.... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

18. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

that guys nickname should be "vader" or something, lol! sensitive mic i guess,

j

19. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Yep, a sensitive mic that's "hot". The oxygen system in tactical jets tends to "push" O2 into your lungs, so you actually have to forcefully exhale. Plus, it's a rubber mask over your nose and mouth, so it's like talking into a cup.
    I like the background noise - been a while since I've heard secure voice comms...

20. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

i had shown this to this extreme liberal i work with.
    when the one guy said "wooo dude", he got all bent out of shape and said "thats great this is just a fawkin video game to them".