Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

F250 24" of lift on 49.5" Irok's

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rick88blaze, Nov 28, 2003.

1. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

F250 24\" of lift on 49.5\" Irok\'s

buddy of mine called me last week and told me that this truck was at his house. so i loaded up my boys and went to check it out. i think it's a pretty sweet truck, even if it is a F#rd. here's the link F250

He's actually planning on going up about 3-4 more inches to clear the Irok's better. he normally runs on 44" boggers with this setup. he got the Irok's free as a sponsorship from Super Swamper, and the wheels he got half off direct from the manufacturer (I can't remember who made them right now)

2. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Re: F250 24\" of lift on 49.5\" Irok\'s

Someone dosnt know thier a directional tread /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    Looks like a perty cool truck, just FAR too big for my likings. But still perty neat /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

not bad i only see one problem with it, the drag ling end are almost maxed out on flat ground /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

only rig Ive ever seen that had a 4-link setup on their trailer hitch. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

j

5. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

20" rims and no spinnaaazzz?

6. jekbrown

is it me or are the limiting straps setup in such a way that the suspension can compress a bit but not articulate at all? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

j

7. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

yeah i noticed that they seemed to be tight, no droopey on dem...

8. rick88blaze

the owner told me that he has done some lite wheeling with it. but for the most part it's a poser rig. i wouldn't mind just having the money that's tied up in it. between the stuff that he's purchased, and he's had given to him he said there's about $20K in it. he drove it up here from California for the SEMA show last month.

9. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hey at least it has a front driveshaft. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey at least it has a front driveshaft. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet it has lots of things. Like mean bumpsteer from that track bar and drag link angles working against each other.

Pretty bad when you measure your lift in feet rather than inches, but still a sweet rig.

I bet it's a dog even with 5.13s. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

11. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Thats a badass looking rig, thats one of the few I have seen with the right fabrication. Is it just me or is the front PS coil cock-eyed, or does it even matter?

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Thats a badass looking rig, thats one of the few I have seen with the right fabrication. Is it just me or is the front PS coil cock-eyed, or does it even matter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably the camera lens.

13. rick88blaze

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's just the angle i took the picture from. the suspension is soft enought that you could walk up to the front bumper and pull it down by hand. oh yeah, not that it matters, but i was backwards on the rims and tires. he got the rims free, and payed half for tires.

the engine is a diesel with all of the Banks Power pack system. i forget what it was rated at, but he said it does pretty good down the highway. oh yeah, all of the Banks stuff was given to him too.

14. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]

that's just the angle i took the picture from. the suspension is soft enought that you could walk up to the front bumper and pull it down by hand. oh yeah, not that it matters, but i was backwards on the rims and tires. he got the rims free, and payed half for tires.

the engine is a diesel with all of the Banks Power pack system. i forget what it was rated at, but he said it does pretty good down the highway. oh yeah, all of the Banks stuff was given to him too.

[/ QUOTE ]

GD it, why the [darn] do people get all kinds of kick azz parts for free to build gay azz poser rigs that suck offroad?!?!? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Gimme the $ that the tires/rims/banks crap is worth and my rig would fawkin rown. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

j

15. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

They do, they give them Pro Rockcrawlers /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif But you already knew that. Besides, its hard to show the name of the product when its covered in mud /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

16. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]

GD it, why the [darn] do people get all kinds of kick azz parts for free to build gay azz poser rigs that suck offroad?!?!? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    j

[/ QUOTE ] First off it's not a gay ass rig and second, they put their products on nice trucks because that is what people like to see. No one would pay attention to a dirty ugly all "black" and nothing to look at rig.They are in business to sell their prducts. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

17. rick88blaze

[ QUOTE ]
    No one would pay attention to a dirty ugly all "black" and nothing to look at rig

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you're not talking about my truck!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifj/k /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif if you are, i totally agree, if you're not, i still agree!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    No one would pay attention to a dirty ugly all "black" and nothing to look at rig

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you're not talking about my truck!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifj/k /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif if you are, i totally agree, if you're not, i still agree!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I was talking about another members truck, actually I think it's more grey or brown . /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Cool truck. here's one I found in my town:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

JackIt acc in Salt Lake (good shop) built it for a custoner and it had 70 miles on od in this picture. They custom built that front D60.

20. jekbrown

not everyone likes looking at poser rigs. I tend to point at them and laugh.. just like I do ricers. 20" rims, no front driveshafts, weeny axles, and chromed everything is not the ingrediants for a rig I want to look at. I'd rather check out a beat to chit TTC-style trail rig anyday. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

j