Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

F350 dually wheels on my FF14B?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by KADILLACKID, Jan 26, 2007.

1. KADILLACKID

KADILLACKID Registered Member

I was just wondering if dually wheels off a 90 f-350 will fit on the rear of my 74 suburban(with an 85 DRW 14B)I can get 4 wheels for $20 if I pull them off myself from the local yard(if the bolt pattern and center hub diameter,etc will interchange),I plan on 4 38x11x16 boggers out back and 38x12.5 swampers on 16.5x10 wagon wheels up front.The ford wheels look to maybe be hubcentric? but Im not sure,they just seem to have lugnuts with some type of washer deal like the newer fords have?(I think)....Sorry,dont know much bout fords:haha:

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

you want to install an 11" wide tire,,,,on a 6" wide rim???

I believe the "older" Ford rims are the same as the older Chevys bolt pattern, just the newer Superduty rims or something like that don't work, so no, i don't believe they will work.may be wrong though, not sure on the eaxct year they changed to the metric measurments.

But i still believe that 11" wide tires are too much for a 6" wide wheel, especially when you dual them up.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  3. KADILLACKID

new super dutys(starting in 99) are 8x170mm....older than that I believe are the same,I have 92 f250 wheels on my 94 k2500....

but Im just more wondering bolt pattern....I know ford does lots of funny things:hub centric 5 lug,7 lug,10 lug,metric 8 lug etc.Wondering if these fit and if I can use standard chevy nuts.

11" wide tire on a 6" rim is no big deal tho,and if there too close together Ill pick up some spacers.

4. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

it wont matter if they're too close together, put them on seated, but not aired up, bolt them up then air them up and it'll be fine, but 11" is too wide for a 6" rim.... you could run 9.00x16s and 36s though...

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

some wont work..

Some Ford E-F-350's with dual rears used 8 lug rims with the same bolt pattern as GM,but the lugs are "staggered"--the Ford rims have the lug holes with every other lug recessed,and the drums are made the same to match them..wont bolt up right on a GM axle..so be sure the rims look just like a GM one where the lugs go if you buy Ford rims!..

Plus all 8 lug Ford rims have bigger center holes,so all the weight is on the lug studs if you use them on a GM..but I have run Ford rims on my GM trucks that way without issues..

Use the Ford lug nuts though--GM ones will pull through the rim after awhile,the taper is different..I used Ford lug nuts with 1-1/16" hex on my truck with the stock 8 lug Ford rims..

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

yeah. 99 and up is metric.POS:haha:

7. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

:confused: :thinking: :confused:

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

98 and earlier don;t fit on 99 and up fords.:D

9. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

yeah, that's what i was sayin, i wasn't sure of the year change, but still the 11" tire being mounted up on a 6" wide rim is gonna be very weird

10. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

some old fords have a pin on the back sides also.

and its best to keep gm to gm and ford to ford and dodge to dodge. i have seen to many rim problems with swaped over brand rims. some of them call for diffrent backspace buy up to 1/2 inch. and its just not a good idea as thay are somewhat hub centric. this is why i dont run dulleys with spacers of any kind. cause the spacer dosnt have a centering ring like the stock axle hub has. possible vibration points.

11. KADILLACKID

Thanks guys for all the opinions/advice.

I did some more researching too,found the bolt pattern is the same,centerbore on ford is 4.88" and the chevy is 4.77.I figured since aftermarket rims all use the same centerbore and whatnot,Id be fine.

So I went and got the wheels yesterday,and took the lugnuts too.These wheels are the ones with the centering pin.Im gonna take em to get the tires popped off then Im gonna sandblast and epoxy them,then start looking for tires.I never thought of doubling up the military tires,but now thats what Ill do,cheaper than boggers,tougher,and radials.Ill have to try and find a set or 2 of 9.00-16 or 11.00-16s around my area,and either run 11.00-16s all around or 9.00-16s out back and 36x12.5x16.5 goodyear RT2s on hummer beadlocks up front.Lots of guys are asking me why not just run wide boggers like 39x18.5 if Im looking for traction,but the main reason is to have 4 narrow rear tires rather than 2 floaters,so when Im wheeling in mud or snow the tires will cut to the base much better for traction rather than floating on top and spinning.

Ive seen duallys with tires as wide as 15" with 5" spacers on stock wheels with no problems other than treadwear,Ive personally run 12.5 wide on 6" and 15" wide on 7 before with no problems so I think this will do fine on the ol suburban and I dont think Ill need spacers but Ill get them if I absolutely need them.