Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fab folks! pick-up cab roll bar to pick up my cab????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tree_entz, Sep 28, 2004.

1. tree_entz

tree_entz 1/2 ton status

Well, now that my rig has finally come around, it's time to deal with an unsettling issue:
    -my cab is cracked from rear mount to rear mount and was 'fixed' with steal plating spanned between the two mounts on the top and bottom sides.
    It creeks sumptin terrible....painful.
    is there a way to build a tube that goes up from the frame and mounts to the cab, could turn into roll bar inside cab????? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

-i'm sorta getting despondent about it and thinking about finding a rolling blazer chassis w/ a decent body and just starting from the ground up (do the 52/56" spring swap i've wanted to do etc).

2. tree_entz

tree_entz 1/2 ton status

any ideas
    ( i wont put this thing at the top again if no one cares /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif)

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i dont think that nobody cares, maybe the right person hasnt seen the thread yet.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I don't have a very clear image of how its "cracked". The way I am picturing it, I would spot well all along the crack itself. Then seam seal the crack so it doesn't allow moisture in. Then I'd patch over it with a good guage sheet. Best way? no, but it is what I'd do myself. As for cage, there are plenty of ways to tie a cage into the from and through the cab. I don't know pickups well enough to go into detail sorry.