Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fabric tape or something similar ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, May 14, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

is there any place that carries soem kind of roll of wide heavy duty fabric or similar kind of adhesive tape or something else that wouldnt become all gooey in the sun and heat ?

need to temp repair a motorcycle seat cuz someone decided to cut mine up and remove half the foam and throw it on the ground recently /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

i live in a small town so we have nothing more than a wal mart, a new walgreens, and a farm store called Big R and thats it, so..

thanks

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Stuff it back in the seat and stich it back up

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Hockey tape would work. It's a fabric tape and it doesn't get all gooey. It comes in a variety of colors and widths too.

Rene

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

where do you get hockey tape ? if in a sports store then im out of luck, we dont have such a thing here

thanks

5. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Wally World has a great many things hidden in the far reaches of its sprawl.

Look in the hardware section by the duct tape; there are several varieties of vinyl tape and such. You can also look in sporting goods for the hockey stuff, or maybe tape for golf club grips?

-- A

6. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Gaffers tape might be a good solution, i'm not sure if it will get gooy but it dosn't leave a reside like duct tape, although its not a local store type of product, usually Stage and lighting, rental staging, and production houses would have it. I work for an A/V company and thats what we use on everything.

7. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Wally World also has a vinyl repair kit, ~$6, in by the automotive touchup paint.

-- A