Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fabricators! Inventors! I think I invented something...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Jun 9, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I think I invented a kick arse Yard tool for homeowners. Kinda like a ride-on mower but different.

I had another invention a couple months ago that I went crazy trying to design, only to find out it already existed in hospitals. Damn life-saving people... So I don't want to go nuts with this one til I know if it's been done yet. ANybody out there have experience inventing and developing stuff?

Any fabricators around that can turn an idea into an object if I give you a pile of specs and a small handful of money (I can trade, too)? I did some work for an inventor a year or so ago, so I know there are places that can do this, I just don't know how to proceed or find out if this thing's been invented already. Even if it has, I don't know where to find one, so it might be neat to get one built for me. I know Canmore could've used it a year or so ago /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

2. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

do a patent search, search the internet, write a non disclosure agreement, get a book on writing a patent, write it.. go for a manufacturing one... they last 20 years
    Ive done it.... once... be careful ...99.9 percent of the people out there will try to burn you... and dont go for one of those patent companies.. they are a total rip,,, if your idea looks like its a real money maker consider a patent attorney... I couldnt afford one so I learned how to do it myself
    cam

3. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

4. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

It's all about documentation. Get a notebook, write everything you tried down and also what finally work, get every page signed by a witness that it is actually you writing the stuff and you sign it also. Take pictures, then go for a patent.

5. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

You can do a free patent search to see what comes up. Basically you must have your claims right., and not too generally or widely accepted. Patenting the "wheel" is not allowed. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif