Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fabworx Inc., Anybody use them?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Desert Rat, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Ok, did a Google search on Fabworx Inc. located in Santa Rosa, CA. They are all over the place in Four Wheeler and 4 Wheel and Offroad. Looks like they do good work, but I wonder about the price. I also would like to see some pics if anybody has any of a K5 rollcage they might have done. I need to get a six point done. I would also consider incorporating some seat rails while I am at it. In the latest issue of 4 Wheel, they mention in their ultimate K10 article that they are going to use Fabworx to do their roll cage so I can see it next issue. But, anybody here use them?

2. retroblazer

retroblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

cage work

I saw the k10 in Primedia's parking lot when I was visiting David Kennedy. The work looked good in general, but there were a few items that could have been done better in hind sight. One of them was maximizing the room behind the seat. In your blazer it wouldn't be a problem, but in a single cab they lost a couple of inches of room because of the way they ran the bars. I would think that doing a blazer would be very straight forward. I have no idea about pricing. The best thing to do would be to call them and ask them what it would have cost to do that truck.

3. Desert Rat

I'm thinking I might have to just get it Line-X'ed, then drive it over there and chat with them. I'd still like to see pics of anybody who has a six point cage in a 76 or newer Blazer.

4. Desert Rat

Anybody out there with a six point rollcage?