Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

facial hair, just a randon thought

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 55Willy, Nov 18, 2003.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I thought about shaving it off, but was thinking who here has a mean set of chops or a goatee that is extra long.
    My work doesn't like it but as long as I keep it lined out and tamed then I can keep it.
    the distict manager said I looked like an old Goat...I held back saying.. "I'd rather look like an old goat then to be one,LMAO!!!!"

2. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

if I didnt trim my goatee once a week I would look like ZZ top in a little over a month.

Though I did shave it into a fu-man-chu not too long ago, that wasnt good, I wouldnt recommend it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if u pull the hair straight, the bottom of my goat hangs about 2" past my chin. Ive have had it a little longer a few times in the past... maybe 2.5-3" or so. My gf really digs it, and I dont have an employer to worry about so its all good. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif At any rate, Im sure next time I have an interview it'll get trimmed back again. Until then, Im lettin it grow. few things more gay than a really short goatee... if you cant grow it long, just shave it.

j

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I've had pretty big chops for about 8 years now, not sideburns but real chops that are alot wider at the bottom than the top. They vary in length depending on how recently I've trimmed them, but they never get trimmed any shorter than my earlobes. I've had them all the way to my jawline before, my wife likes them that long but I just don't think it looks professional for work. I've had a 4" goatee before but the wife thinks that it's ugly so I keep it trimmed down, but I've had my goatee for 10 years now. I shaved it one time last year and got carded for the first time in many many years. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I look like my little pic in my sig, only less yellow. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

mines about 3" right now. an ex coworker had one after I started mine and he had his trimmed at about a 1/4" all the time... LOOKED GAY! went with his bleached hair.LOL

6. jekbrown

yeah, mine gets really ragged sometimes... i mean, i let the upper-lip part grow out too... so Im always getting hair in my mouth and junk. lol! some of my mustache hairs are 2-3" long. when they go over to the side and down it works fine... when they go crazy and go straight down, they get annoying. lol

j

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Can we say Wayne Static??? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

My darn face hair won't grow farther than what is considered a 5 o'clock shadow /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif and the hair on my head never stops growing... blah /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. bpiccioni

bpiccioni 1/2 ton status

I guess it all depends on how you bad you wanna look like a pirate or a civil war era veteran! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif If youre worried about looking gay, what is the implication of having a handle attached to the bottom of your chin? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I recently started the annual cold weather full beard experiment:

1. Stopped shaving for about 2 weeks.
    2. Trimmed everything to the same length w/ the maverick.
    3. Stopped shaving for the past 5-6 weeks, except for weekly neck trimmings /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I finally charged up and used the maverick (it was almost dead) just the other day - took everything down to a #7.

About the goatee, if youre growing a 'stache on top of the goat, it looks goofy to have a long goat and a short 'stache - but if you let the 'stache grow as long as the goat, youre gonna be eating 'stache! Im all for flavor savors, but there comes a point....

9. jekbrown

i havent shaved my neck in weeks... its startin to look kinda cool IMO... and no... no one else agrees with me. lol!!!

j

10. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I just got a short haircut so mines trimmed up to about an inch right now I got tired of it but I look 15 without one. I think my licence I got when I was 16 is probley the last picture of me without a goatee. I think once during college over christmas break I shaved it off but it grew back out before school started again /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Usually mines about 2" long, I keep the stash trimmed weekly. I hate hair on lip and on my ears... I also can not wear necklaces or rings /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif it just bugs the hell out of me /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Longest I've let my goatee grow out was in college and it was 6-8 inches at least... I had it braided for a party (2 braids one out each side).

edit...no more pics

11. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

i'm 16 first of all- so i haven't all the experiment time ya'll have. haven't had it longer than about 3/4" on the goatee. the sideburns are ALWAYS past the earlobe and i kinda want to grow chops. . . but won't because it'd look real goofy. as for the goatee it's gone now- i really like the 5 o'clock sandpaper for arm scratching purposes to i keep it right around there. like right now it's just great. in my lisence picture however. . . EX-CON! wait! new thread. . . let's see all your Ex-Con lisence pictures!! soon as i get my digital camera back i'll post mine up. . . it's MAJOR ex con. . . got a 1/2" goatee. . . no haircut in a few weeks (#4 buzz looks BAD after 6 weeks no haircut!)

12. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i havent shaved my neck in weeks... its startin to look kinda cool IMO... and no... no one else agrees with me. lol!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

nothing says hillbilly/diliverance like grown out neck hair. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

i usually have the full gotee going all winter. can't grow a full beard for [darn] though. got a few boald spots. my neck hair does grow exceptionally well though, so maybe i should give it go. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif did the bottom only goat a few times. also did the stash with the little flavor savor on the bottom too. kinda like that one. the wife likes it too- tickles the coochie /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

i get carded too when i shave. even at 31. my wife hates it cause she is older than me and doesn't get carded.

13. jekbrown

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

i think the ultimate in counter culture beards would be to grow out an "inverse goatee"... bushy neck + hella chops and keep the goatee area bare. that would kick almost as much azz as a really big 'fro. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

j

14. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i think the ultimate in counter culture beards would be to grow out an "inverse goatee"... bushy neck + hella chops and keep the goatee area bare. that would kick almost as much azz as a really big 'fro.

[/ QUOTE ]

or do both the inverse goat and the fro for totol hair donimation! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. BowtieRed

my favorite i've seen is the sideburns/chops directly to the moustache. . . not a lumberjack beard (like you said, no goatee) i mean it never gets that low, it just get to the upper lip and goes straight across. . . grow a fu man chu with that and have a bld head except for a stripe across the front of your skull connect the sideburns at the top. . . maybe into a mohawk with a cross in the neckhair would be awesome!

16. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    or do both the inverse goat and the fro for totol hair donimation! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif lol!!!!!!! if the neck hair grew out long enough, it'd only be a matter of time before you looked like you were peekin' out of some bushes all the time. lol!!

j

17. BowtieRed

I GOT IT!!

grow the neck hair out, part it, and wrap it around your neck, and braid it below you chin!

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Man, y'all are some redneck bastards.

My gf hates it when I don't shave, so I think i'm gonna let it grow for about a month. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    lol!!!!!!! if the neck hair grew out long enough, it'd only be a matter of time before you looked like you were peekin' out of some bushes all the time. lol!!

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    my favorite i've seen is the sideburns/chops directly to the moustache. . . not a lumberjack beard (like you said, no goatee) i mean it never gets that low, it just get to the upper lip and goes straight across. . . grow a fu man chu with that and have a bld head except for a stripe across the front of your skull connect the sideburns at the top. . . maybe into a mohawk with a cross in the neckhair would be awesome!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody would ever see it since you'd be at home trying to shave it all day. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Years ago me and a couple of guys had a "wierd beard" contest at work, gre out full beards for a month then cut something in on the last day. I cut in a neck-beard, but lost to the guy that just shaved so he just had a circular patch on each cheek. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif We got alot of wierd looks at work that day...