Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fact or Fiction- did GM ever make a one ton sub?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Apr 9, 2002.

i saw one once at a gas station. old green beat up POS burb. didn't pay it much mind until it rolled by and i saw it had the k30 emblem on the side. looked all original and factory to me. but the guy could have set it up to look that way. so, does it exist?

the truth is out there.........

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Nope...prolly some K30 fenders on it or something. Maybe he added the D60 front and the K30 emblems...

Rene

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Like tRusty said...someone probably added those on there.

No such vehicle ever existed from the factory in that configuration. The largest available was the 3/4 ton.

3. Damn it i know what i saw! it was real i sware it! funny thing though, after it pulled out of the station i saw these black helecopters fly over. weird.....

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

There used to be a couple of 'Burbs at the Forest Service with K30 markings - maybe a government special model?

5. HA! see, what did i tell you! some how the government is involved in all this.

trust no one!

6. mudrunner78

mudrunner78 1/2 ton status

I have to second that... I don't know if they were special trucks or what, but I have seen three k30 sub's on a local government lot...they were used in panama. I don't know if they were knock offs but I did see them and at the time paid no mind to them. Jesse

7. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Very rare, but Dually subs do exist out there. In the movie Twister, there's one of them. They were special order, had to pull a few arms at your local dealer to get one.

8. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

there are two of these in eugene, and one of them is made, my buddy knows the guy. The other one I saw at the store, I just thought it was a truck with a canopy til I saw the barn doors.

9. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Just saw another one this morning - non-government though, it had Union Pacific Railroad stickers on the doors, and 3500 markings.

10. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    They have some with K30 markings here that work in the mines. Probably a special order thing.

11. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I spotted one in a pick-n-pull boneyard a few hours away from here last year but didn't have the tools or the vehicle to haul the axles. For only $65 per axle assembly /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif I'm really kicking myself for not renting a trailer and braving the 10 degree snow storm we were getting at the time. Sometimes you gotta learn lessons the hard way. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

12. JunkYardCrawler

JunkYardCrawler 1/2 ton status

There are at least 2 dually burbs here in town. and i have a friend with a 1 ton 2wd burb. they got it form a national park i or something. it was used by forsest rangers.

13. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Don't know if the question is restricted to the pre-92 body style, but I saw a 3500 sub today (post 92). Had the fender flares, badging, and the hardware (including a 454 and 4L80E).

14. i was refering to the pre 92s with big bad dana 60. seems like they are out there. looks like govnment auctions might be the place to get one.

15. thatK30guy

Well, all this talk of everyone sighting one makes me wanna have one, too!!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

16. yeah, well, if a guy wants to go around calling himself the K30guy he probably should have one. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

17. thatK30guy

True, very true! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

I'm a guy who is always keeping his eyes open for the "rare" and "hard-to-find" parts.
    A truck like this would fall into those categories.

18. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

i think i would be shooting myself for passing up that deal!
    Justin