Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FACT: you can still drive home with your balljoints no where near tight...........PIX

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by down4thakrown, Oct 9, 2005.

1. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

well sat. was the last day for my 30 day tags on my k5. so i figured i would take my truck out one last time b4 i let it sit again. so with that in mind i have no worries bout breaking anything cuz i got my d.d. goin again and it was goin to sit anyways aslong as i can get it home. well im out at lower sycamore creek goin up and down this hill called widow maker. there was couple of other trucks out there too. so we (atlest me :doah: ) were pretty much seeing who can do the hill faster. well i end up clipping the wall with my tire and ripping my steering knuckle off at the balljoints...........F*** now im stuck on the hill in this crevus with my knuckle completely detatched from my truck with only my center tie rod connected to it. so we eventually get the tierod disconnected from the tie rod. i got this one guy to hook up his truck to the front while i slowly backed down the hill. it was cool though cuz i had alot of people hooten and hollaring. eventually get to my buddies house and take apart his whole knuckle out... get back to my truck get it back together with a broken finger and all by myself cuz my buddy was bitchen and passed out while me and the chick, that was in the truck when it broke and she gave me a ride, was takein his truck apart. and did i happen to mention i got a broken pinky finger. so we left him at home cuz i cant deal with cry babies and i the chicks that were riding wit me when it happen handled it better then he did. but yep it was pretty cool too cuz there were people rootin me on when i was leavin too. guess the worst times make the best stories. and u can still drive home with loose balljoints. aslong as u get the top balljoint nut down far enough to get a cotter pin through. and not a good idea to go over 25 mph.

balljoint.JPG

knuckle1.JPG

knuckle 2.JPG

2. down4thakrown

Tip For When Tighting Ball Joint On Trail...........

when your tighting your ball joints on the trail or anywhere u dont have air tools. its best to back off then tighten then back off then tighten.........you get the picture. and when u tighten like jerk it. dont do it slow. make it like a impact.

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Carnage is cool! :saweet:

4. down4thakrown

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!