Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Factory 205 T-case shifter question 86 K30

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Klink K5, May 10, 2003.

1. Klink K5

Klink K5 1/2 ton status

I am starting to build my K30 and I repaired all of the slop in my shifter today but feels wierd when I engauge and disengage my 4x4. Shifter dosent fell like it moves much, but seems to work fine from 2wd to 4wd high side(this is were it doesn't move much). Low side shifts in ok. Does this seem normal? Feedback would be appreciated /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifThanks, Klink

2. SCOTTS_4X

SCOTTS_4X 1/2 ton status

yeah it's not going to move much because you are just moving ONE of the shift rails to put it into 4hi, because the range shifter is already in hi, the only thing left to do is engage the front drive. the reason it moves so much going into 4 low is becuase you are having to move the range shifter out of hi and through nuetral to low, and you are also having to move the drive rail into 4wd. did that make sense? hope so.

-Scott

3. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Scott said it, but I agree with all he said /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

4. Klink K5

Klink K5 1/2 ton status

Does it normally easy to go in and out of 4hi and 2hi? It seems kinda hard on mine, not a smooth transfer of gears. Is there something in the T-case that could be binding up between 2hi and 4 hi? I repaired all of the slop in the linkage via new bushings and greaseable bolt in the shifter lever. Also, bought that flat shifter plate that hooks to both shift rails.

5. SCOTTS_4X

SCOTTS_4X 1/2 ton status

you're probably just used to the sloppy 205 linkage that we all have. it's probably going to be a little tight for a while since you replaced the plae and took all the sloppy holes and linkages out of the equation.

-Scott