Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Factory 6.2 oil cooler lines from block to radiator, 68.5" rear driveshaft

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by BlueBlazer, Dec 1, 2003.

1. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Factory 6.2 oil cooler lines from block to radiator, 68.5\" rear driveshaft

Anybody have these things, let me know. Thanks

2. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Re: Factory 6.2 oil cooler lines from block to radiator, 68.5\" rear driveshaft

If you can't find them used. Find a place that make hydro. hoses, they should be able to make some.

3. BlueBlazer

Tried that, they want 85 bucks a line.

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Do you still have the steel ends? I once used compression fittings to adapt the steel line to a pipe thread and had a Napa make generic hydraulic lines with pipe thread ends. Came out a lot cheaper than custom fit hoses.

5. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Thats about what the dealer wants. Here are the gm part numbers:
    Flex Lines
    Hard Lines

6. Klink K5

Klink K5 1/2 ton status

I have the cooler lines. They are off a Military blazer, they have a neat little valve to take test oil of a line. PM me back /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

what kind of d-shaft?
    Slipyoke or not, I have a couple extras around and so do some friends. I'm in STL so shipping might be reasonable.
    Give me dimensions open/closed and what size joints on each end and I'll see what I got.

8. BlueBlazer

68.5" from yoke to yoke with truck sitting on the ground, so there would have to be sufficient travel each way from this measurement to assure no binding or anything. It has to be fixed yoke and the application is an 87 K30 with 465/205 with fixed yoke if that helps. Thanks

9. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

I measured every shaft I have and they are all too short. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Seriously, my 79 3/4 has a 350/465/205 and it has a 2 piece rear shaft with a carrier bearing. This might be what you are looking for, not sure if you will find a 1 piece that long.

good luck, sorry i couldn't help. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif