Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

factory am/fm/8track/CB

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mike reeh, Feb 25, 2007.

1. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

saw one at a swap meet for $125 this weekend.. pretty interesting.. anyone use/have one of these? should I have bought it? :)

mike

2. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

also saw a pair of half ton 4WD axles (12 bolt, 10 bolt front) for $100.. should I have bought those? I might go back to the swap meet today w/ some cash

mike

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I've got a couple of the AM/FM/Cassette/CB's. The digital radios are the only ones worth anything (analog ones had problems apparently) but even those can have display issues.

They are 10 times better than standalone CB's though, I hate being in my cousins truck...listening to the radio, either miss the CB, or have to turn the radio down to have a conversation, etc. The factory ones automatically tune out the radio when there is a transmission.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I have a CB/AM/FM....

I scored a factory AM/FM Stereo/CB radio (no tape player though!),from a boneyard long ago--was going to put it in my 82 K20 or 79 C10,but when I plugged it into the '82 (it had all the correct wiring still intact!),it only plays on the left channel--so I assume it needs one output transistor..I think it came in a Caddy or Olds Toronado originally,one of the fugly ones with the trunk chopped off('79 maybe?)...It's cool how the radio squelches itself when a CB call comes on..thing weighs about 10 lbs!.:eek1:

My '82's dash was already butchered for a CD player,so I got one free from a friend who upgraded to XM and a newer radio..hated to cut the factory plugs off the harness,but many other wires have been snipped already on the dual fuel tanks wiring that I'll never fix--whats a few more?..:rolleyes: