Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

factory carbed 90 chevy pickup

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Dec 26, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

came across this 90 z71 with a 350 on ebay....guys trying to say it is carbed from the factory /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Is the guy saying that the engine is factory carbed or is he saying the truck is factory carbed? Or is he calling the tbi a carb? Lets see a link.

3. Steve_87K5

Steve_87K5 1/2 ton status

or...it's an export model that someone brought back. 350's in the Mid East didn't get TBI when we did in '87.

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    or...it's an export model that someone brought back. 350's in the Mid East didn't get TBI when we did in '87.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats possible, i was gonna just laugh though,

check the VIN and see if its overseas built

that will tell you if the guy is on crack. most ebay sellers are, you know

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

says its factory carbed..i sent him a note back asking if he was confusing the TBI for a carb as it could kinda look like one i suppose...heres the auction..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2450595352

and while typing this post the guy mailed me back saying he's never looked under the hood of it befor /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif and that someone else wrote the ad, hes just answering the questions..well looks to me like there both a couple of dingle berries..
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Yeah, well he's from Indiana...better just stay away from that truck /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

OH look at this:

<font color="red">On Dec-27-03 at 10:01:35 PST, seller added the following information:

I'm sorry I made a mistake when talking about this truck. It is fuel injected and does not run on carbs. Sorry for any problems this may have caused.</font>

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif CarbS, plural /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

buahahaha /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif...wow thats the first time i ever made a stupid ebayer change there info /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif