Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

factory center arm rest????????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by darkshadow, Oct 21, 2005.

1. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

A friend just bought a 95 k5 of a lady that bought it new, on the canter console instedt of the standered plastic lid, there was a 6" thick cushion, with matching fabric to the seats, he asked her where she got the fabric to match the seats, and she said that is the was she got t from the factory.

HAs anyone elce seen anything like this? i am wondering if the factory did it or the dealer, as this truck has after markit air instaled, and that is the way she got it new.

i tell you that coshion is comfy!!!!

2. jhellwig

jhellwig 1/2 ton status

It might have been done by and aftermarket company kinda like the ones that do the conversion vans. There are some burbs out there that have had that sort of thing done to them.

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

there are some wierd things dealers put on some trucks...my 01 silverado came with a folding center console and woograin cupholder and vinyl armrest...PO said he didnt ask for it that way, just saaw it and thought it was cool, so he bought it.

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah i think the dealer might just have done some stuff to it, the thing is a great idea, the air thing had me puseled too, use a factory ac box and controles, but an aftermarkit compressor and resivor, and stock 2 core rad on the 305, maybe they wanted to move the truck and did it to make it more sellable :dunno: