Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

factory dual shocks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90blzr, Apr 10, 2001.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I was wondering about my shock set up. I am going to be ordering BDS shocks any time now and was wondering about factory dual shocks. My blazer has a single shock on each side up front, but as I was looking at it today there are what appear to be 2 mounts where the top of the shock would bolt and 1 mount where the bottom bolts up. Is this a dual shock set up and do all blazers have this. Do 2 shocks bolt to the same lower mount and seperate at the top mounts, I was reading the post about dual shocks the other day but would any one recommend getting the dual shocks as long as they are valved to be used as dual shocks, or still waist of money. Sorry this got kinda long.

2. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Yes, they will mount as you have described. My '90 Jimmy came with dual shocks on it. When I put on my lift, I installed dual shocks. That was a mistake, one good shock is more than adequate unless you are running tires larger than 35". I removed one shock and it made a world of difference in the ride. Save your money and install one shock.

Derf00
    http://www.derf00.coloradok5.com
    "Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck in a more inaccessible place."

3. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I will be running 38's most likley. Thanks for the info.